Question I get BSoD when I AM NOT PLAYING! I need help! 🥴

Sep 20, 2020
So my spec are:
Aorus x570 Elite motherboard (<-- Here maybe we will need to check the BIOS settings. Right now I have the F30 BIOS)
Ryzen 5 3600 Chipset
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X
Gskill 3200mhz RAM (8gb+8gb)
NVME Samsung Samsung 970 EVO plus 500GB
Seagate barracuda 2TB

I get BSOD and all of them are Kernel 41 based.

The mysterious thing is that I never get a blue screen while I AM PLAYING a game.
I search the net and find threads about game crashing. For me is the opposite!
I get BSOD When I am just chilling on Discord or Chrome or you know.. light stuff

• disabled Google Chrome hardware accelaration
  • changed power option to high performance
  • checked the Rams by replacing them and by doing memory diagnostics
  • checked the disks and everything was ok
  • changed the GPU
  • checked the Volts of power supply(steady VOLTs)
  • reinstalled windows in different SSD (normal one not nvme)
  • even removed my razer deathadder elite mouse(which was confusing device manager and kept creating an additional mouse driver on KEYBOARD spot!), updated every driver possible
  • reinstalled windows many times to check...
...But same things were happening again and again (between 15min and 6 hours of usage) BSOD kernel violations etc etc etc

when i open the one and only game i have installed on my PC and have it minimized or I am just playing it THERE IS NOT A SINGLE CHANCE TO GET A BSOD OR FREEZE. 🥴

If only somebody could explain that to me and be able to help me!!!

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I get BSOD and all of them are Kernel 41 based.
This isn't relevant unfortunately. Every BSOD will have a Kernel 41 error attached to them. All the Error 41 means is "the PC shut down when it wasn't planning on doing so", which is precisely what a BSOD does. You'd get the same event by pushing the power button on your PC case.

• disabled Google Chrome hardware accelaration
  • changed power option to high performance
  • checked the Rams by replacing them and by doing memory diagnostics
  • checked the disks and everything was ok
  • changed the GPU
  • checked the Volts of power supply(steady VOLTs)
  • reinstalled windows in different SSD (normal one not nvme)
  • even removed my razer deathadder elite mouse(which was confusing device manager and kept creating an additional mouse driver on KEYBOARD spot!), updated every driver possible
  • reinstalled windows many times to check...
I understand why you have done this, but ultimately you're doing a "whack-a-mole" without thoroughly understanding what the actual issue is, as every BSOD is different, so it does depend on what types you are getting. If you can share the dump files as shown in this guide, this will help: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

What do you mean by steady volts? How did you test this?

reinstalled windows many times to check...
This is interesting however - how did you reinstall windows? if the BSOD is returning after a clean windows install then either you're reinstalling the offending software, or it's hardware that is the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychosynthesis
Sep 20, 2020

This isn't relevant unfortunately. Every BSOD will have a Kernel 41 error attached to them. All the Error 41 means is "the PC shut down when it wasn't planning on doing do", which is precisely what a BSOD does. You'd get the same event by pushing the power button on your PC case.

I understand why you have done this, but ultimately you're doing a "whack-a-mole" without thoroughly understanding what the actual issue is, as every BSOD is different, so it does depend on what types you are getting. If you can share the dump files as shown in this guide, this will help: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

This is interesting however - how did you reinstall windows? if the BSOD is returning after a clean windows install then either you're reinstalling the offending software, or it's hardware that is the problem.

Thanks for you quick reply! Unfortunately I don't have the time these days to make tests, cause lot of work. When I do find the time I'll create those dump files for you! I can't just leave my PC open these days to see what is the problem, cause I do some work there.

Sep 20, 2020

This isn't relevant unfortunately. Every BSOD will have a Kernel 41 error attached to them. All the Error 41 means is "the PC shut down when it wasn't planning on doing so", which is precisely what a BSOD does. You'd get the same event by pushing the power button on your PC case.

Hey so, I got my pc without any game open. Just Chrome and discord combination most of the times. I got the BSoD and then checked the event viewer. All critical errors after any BSoD are Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 41 and Task Category: (63).

Do you have any idea, what it might be?