[SOLVED] I get no signal with my GPU

Slimological

Honorable
May 20, 2017
Greetings,

I have been troubleshooting for a while so I have some sort of information to spare.

The main issue is that I don't get a signal through the GPU. I get a signal through my integrated motherboard graphics but only if the graphics card is not in the PC.
I have 2 monitors and I can't have them both display at the same time when they are plugged into the motherboard, because it only displays to my smaller one if both are plugged in or my larger one if it's the only one in.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: GTX 970 (R9 390 I still have it so it's there)
PSU: Integrator 700w
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz

I don't know if it is correlated to the issue but I did have a strange smell in my room the day prior, after investigating the PC I can't say it was there but I have read that a burning smell can arise if the motherboard is getting fried etc.

I don't know what the issue is, it happened today and I can't seem to resolve it.

I found another thread that said to remove the GPU then uninstall the drivers while using integrated graphics, which I managed to do and after I put the GPU back to reinstall them it still gives me no signal.

I know that the GPU specifically isn't at fault, it's been swapped out for my R9 and the same issue persists.

It should also be known that even with one monitor hooked up to the mobo, and BIOS set to use it initially over PCIe, if the GPU is in then it doens't output a signal.

I have visually checked the mobo and I found no anomalies, so my current thinking is that the PCIe port is done in? If so how would that be the case? It worked fine yesterday.

I just need someone else's input on this.

Thanks for listening to my TEDTalk.

Solution
How would that help the issue? Would it even resolve it?
The reasoning is that the power supply damaged your hardware, mate - it doesn't have to be visual, but in your case, you took a whiff of the omen.
The one currently sitting in your PC is bad and has just added an avoidable expense to your to do list.

Slimological

Honorable
May 20, 2017
The reasoning is that the power supply damaged your hardware, mate - it doesn't have to be visual, but in your case, you took a whiff of the omen.
The one currently sitting in your PC is bad and has just added an avoidable expense to your to do list.
Thanks for the help and explanation.

In my eyes I can only see that the PCIe is damaged but do you think any other sort of damage may have been caused?

Thanks again