Question I get screen stuttering with no FPS drops on all ports (DP 1.4 and HDMI) ?

Jan 24, 2022
I have reinstalled windows, hard reset mobo by shorting the battery, updated gpu, bios, and display drivers i could find. It happens on my dektop and any game i play no matter the resolution.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
MOTHERBOARD: MSi B450 Tomahawk
GPU: GeForce RTX 3070 - Gigabyte
RAM: 2x Corsair VENGEANCE 16GB 3200Mhz
PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum Modular 750W
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
CASE: thermaltake Level 20MT ARGB
MONITOR 1: Samsung Odyssey G7 QHD 240Hz FreeSync QLED Curved 27in
MONITOR 2: Samsung RG50 FHD 240Hz Curved 27in

(I am using stock cooler and no additional fans in my case; have never had any heat - related crashes or spikes)

(I have FreeSync / G - Sync enabled for both monitors)

If anyone has the slightest clue as to what to do, please help, you're my only hope ...

Hey there,

Have you updated your chipset drivers too? This will have the most recent Ryzen power plan which could make a difference if you haven't already used it.

Also, you mentioned you updated your bios (and hard reset by shorting battery - CMOS clear?). Did you reset CMOS afterwards? If not, do that, as sometimes the bios will not work as intended until that's done, this is specially true of MSI mobo's with RTX GPU's.

Have you tried limiting the FPS in NVCP? Try different settings there and see if that helps.

Do you have Geforce Experience installed? If so, uninstall the whole driver using DDU and re-install without GFE. GFE can really mess with your settings.

Jan 24, 2022
Hey there,

Have you updated your chipset drivers too? This will have the most recent Ryzen power plan which could make a difference if you haven't already used it.

Also, you mentioned you updated your bios (and hard reset by shorting battery - CMOS clear?). Did you reset CMOS afterwards? If not, do that, as sometimes the bios will not work as intended until that's done, this is specially true of MSI mobo's with RTX GPU's.

Have you tried limiting the FPS in NVCP? Try different settings there and see if that helps.

Do you have Geforce Experience installed? If so, uninstall the whole driver using DDU and re-install without GFE. GFE can really mess with your settings.

1. I updated my chipset like a month ago, but since updated my BIOS, so idk if i need to redo it

2. I took the CMOS out and back in, and the video I watched said that would reset it

3. I have but it changed nothing

4. I hate geforce experience. I have never used it.