I get some frame drops even with a good pc

davidspaho

Reputable
Dec 17, 2017
Hello again everybody. So now I have an Acer nitro 5 8 gigs of ram gtx 1050ti and I can see that I can run fallout 4 on the recommended settings but sometimes there are quiet a lot of frame drops. So I even checked a game not a lot might know of, unreal tournament the new one and even there I get some frame drops. I am running on best performance. But something's off. And I am using the gtx si i don't quiet know.

Solution
You also have a 1080p panel. At 1080p 8gbs system ram can run out and cause stuttering. The 1050ti is also not capable of high/ultra settings at 1080p so you might need to dial back in game settings to medium to keep a smoother experience.

davidspaho

Reputable
Dec 17, 2017
Volkgren that shouldn't be the case since laptops are made to endure high temperatures such as 75 to 80. And that's where I stay. And Keith I guess you are right. Will adding 4 gigs help me at all or should I go for 8?

The number one issue with gaming laptops is heat. 75-80C is okay though.

2x4GB is better than 1x8GB. If you can, get 2x8GB.

If you have a spare mem slot, then getting an additional 4gbs doesn't make much sense. Getting the extra 8gbs stick will be much more beneficial and save you having to add it in later.

The extra system ram will help for some games that have high system ram usage. Games like BF 1/V use upwards of 9gbs at 1080p, so thats why i suggested it. If you are playing older games that aren't too demanding then 8gbs will be okay.