I get this free computer and guess what

yeah, it was hosed. I removed the processor and there was a piece of cloth
between the heat sink and cpu; I don't know what that was about. At first
I thought someone had forgot to remove the film that covers the heat sink
compound, but there was nothing between the cloth and the heat sink, there
was thermal compound between the cloth and the cpu!
--
Mac Cool

Philo

"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
> yeah, it was hosed. I removed the processor and there was a piece of cloth
> between the heat sink and cpu; I don't know what that was about. At first
> I thought someone had forgot to remove the film that covers the heat sink
> compound, but there was nothing between the cloth and the heat sink, there
> was thermal compound between the cloth and the cpu!

i've seen that on at least one or two machines i've worked on...
it was some type of thermal pad.
it's pretty easy to remove...you can clean up an residue with some rubbling
alchol then apply a little thermal paste.
unless the previous owner had tried to use the machine with the cpu cooler
removed...it's not likely that the cpu was destroyed

spencer

Ah, the old "rubbling" again!

Spence

Spencer wrote:

> Ah, the old "rubbling" again!

Rubbling?

spencer

"it's pretty easy to remove...you can clean up an residue with some rubbling
alchol then apply a little thermal paste"

And the "alchol" Think he had to much of it!!!!

"ToolPackinMama" wrote:
> Spencer wrote:
> >
> > Ah, the old "rubbling" again!
>
> Rubbling?

(note: this should have gone below Spencer's post, but I'm not going to waste my time re-formatting his
top post.)

Rum Cake Recipe:
1 or 2 quarts rum
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup dried fruit
baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
lemon juice
brown sugar
nuts

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead.

Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right. To be sue rum
is of the highest quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again.
Meanwhile, make sue that the rum is of the finest quality. Try another cup. Open second quart if
necessary.

Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat till high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, just pry it loose
with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again, checking for tonscisticity. Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt
(it really doesn't matter.) Sample the rum again.

Sift + pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 babblespoon of brown thugar,
or what ever color you can find. Wix mel. Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Now pour the whole
mess into the coven and ake. Check the rum again, and bo to ged.

Jon

TRENDING THREADS