HATEWINDOWS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2001
\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced ....."is corrupted or cannot be found"

Okay ,..I know now that A7V133 sucks.

I will chuck it out when i find a reliable board, but in the meantime...who knows why this crash occurs ?

The system will run for about a month after each full reformat, then a screen will hang , when i reboot , i get the above error message.
I cannot run repair under Win2K, and the "geeks" at MSFT cant fix it, even after 2 hours on the phone to them..they say "you have to do a full reformat'

I have done EVERYTHING i can find , have reformatted the HDD seven times in 4 months after these crashes , i have latest BIOS ,Latest VIA drivers.

System is 1.0 GHz B
A7V133
WD 20 Gig 7200 UDMA
SB Vibra 128
512 Meg Kingmax SDram
Skymaster Network card
Acer CDROM and CDRW
Win2K SP2

Yes i have done the right sequence of installations of OS ,updates,encryption,drivers etc.

looks like this board is a total lemon, if it was a car they would have recalled these by now, their ETHICS SUCKK !!!!

any recommendations on a reliable board for SDRAM and AMD CPU....i see a few posts on SIS 735 here....

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
If you don't plan on overclocking, the ECS with SiS735 would be a very good and affordable solution for you. It supports both SDR and DDR. Both stability and performance of the ECS beats your A7V133.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in my case i never install VIA drivers, none, running win2k server for more than a half a year under heavy abuse of 15-17 years old ones, no problems here (i use KT7A@933 if that matters;)

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

HATEWINDOWS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2001
Blah....thanks for reply , can i ask which drivers you use ,and where from ?

and are they as fast as VIA's ???

Also , in case this issue is caused by the Raid Promise driver for UDMA 100 HDD port , would changing to a SCSI HDD fix the problem ?

Another issue i have is that when i start a print job , if i move the mouse or click on something with it while the printer is spooling,...the printer will hang (USB) until i reboot the puter.

I did a search and found there are 9 items using 1 IRQ (#9) , and though i asked here in the past , no-one could tell me how to change it effectively.

G

"\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced..."

The Microsoft Knowledge Base addresses this issue as a problem that occurs when the system hive in the registry is damaged, missing or gets too large. This can occur when something is writing too much data to the System subkey in the registry. Here's the address which also has a fix for this problem. Hope this helps...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q269/0/75.asp

sudden unexpected cessation of computer activity with a sudden unexpected increase in user activity=

HATEWINDOWS

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2001
thanks for your reply clm , much appreciated , shame the MS tech guys couldnt find that huh !.

working through that now.
best wishes

G

MS tech guys couldn't find their ass with a compass.

sudden unexpected cessation of computer activity with a sudden unexpected increase in user activity=

marty10g

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
Hi
What slot is the Sound Card in, if it is in #4 that may be what the problem is. I have had a very similar with same MB, changed the sound card from #4 to #2 and no more problems.
Hope this helps

INTELigence is gained by obtaining aMD

TRENDING THREADS