I Got 2 Errors - What Do I Do?

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012
My computer staggers which I dont understand. I have no viruses. But the Event Viewer indicates that I got 2 errors. Here are the errors:

1)
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

2)
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.

By the way, both VSS and COM+ Event System are services that I have disabled intentionally. So I dont understand why this is occurring. I ask you guys to help. How do I resolve this?

What Operating system are you using.
win 7, or 8

Both of the events you disabled are core timing processes of windows.
A volume shadow copy is a duplicate of the hard drive mapping of windows os.
Used as a back up or table of stored files, and there pointer location, data point position of the HD volume.

Com event is used for DMA recalls for hardware and there drivers.
Each bit of hardware in the computer uses its own individual Irq or Dma memory address to talk to the cpu to perform a task. send and receive from the cpu to the device or main memory. The cpu rapidly switches the Irq`s to talk to each driver.
And the Dma is Direct Memory addressing used to store and receive the data at a mapped location in the system memory of each driver running in windows.

Click on start, and in the search box type: Msconfig. Press enter.
Click on the services tab and tick the Ms processes in question.

Click apply, restart the system.

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012

Hi, I did as you asked, which is to tick off those 2 services. But the problem persists. What do you suggest at this point?

koolx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2012

I already did that. Do you have another suggestion?