[SOLVED] I got a blue screen once. Should I be worried?

justmeepiclols

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I switched my graphics card with another one. My system booted up to windows and worked fine, but there was a grey screen twice for like a mili second as it did. It was quite an old card and I just didn't feel comfortable so I shut my system down, replaced the card with the original one and booted up again. Then I got a blue screen, it restarted, troubleshooted, restarted again into bios, where I booted up my system and everything seems fine now and I can play games etc.. Maybe it was because I hadn't installed the drivers for the new card beforehand?

Last edited:
Solution
D
Use DDU in safe mode to remove current graphics drivers. Then boot into regular mode and re-install the correct drivers for your current GPU.
Who knows. If it doesn't happen again, then it's most likely negligible. For the last year the only blue screen for my PC was when the motherboard got а little shaked. If it happens again, you can try once to reseat the ram sticks and the GPU, as in my case the loose connection between the surfaces of the mobo and the ram or the gpu was most likely the cause.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Use DDU in safe mode to remove current graphics drivers. Then boot into regular mode and re-install the correct drivers for your current GPU.

Solution