Question I got a new cpu and now my monitors don’t work

Aug 3, 2020
So I have been wanting to upgrade my cpu for a while. I had a r5 1600 and I wanted to get a r7 3700x. But my mother board is a b350 tomahawk and I know that you need to do a bios update for that cpu to be compatible with my motherboard. I have been looking around the internet for a while to find a fix but couldn’t. Hopefully one of you can help.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
did you put in the old CPU, use it to flash the system, then replace with the new CPU after the BIOS flash finishes?

the system needs to POST to access or flash the BIOS and the system cannot POST until the CPU is recognized.

Aug 3, 2020
did you put in the old CPU, use it to flash the system, then replace with the new CPU after the BIOS flash finishes?

the system needs to POST to access or flash the BIOS and the system cannot POST until the CPU is recognized.
I did the bios update 2 or 3 weeks ago while I had my old cpu in

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
does the board boot with the 1600 installed?
some boards require one update before another.
I suggest verifying that the old CPU still works, this will verify that the motherboard is still good.
then verify that the BIOS update took and that the procedures were followed to the T.

Aug 3, 2020

The old cpu still works and the pc boots