[SOLVED] I got a new gpu and i am having audio problems. I tried everything but i have no clue what to do.

Dec 9, 2019
So i got a new gpu and before i was using just apu. Audio was working fine no problems and when i got my gpu the audio sounded super muffled and i could no longer use my mic. I got it to be able to use audio and mic but now everytime im in a call with friends they hear all of my game/music audio.
Specs: Intel i7 8700k
Asus ROG Rtx 2070 super
Aorus H370 Gaming 3 WIFI
Corsair Ram 16gb 3200mhz
240gb m.2 and 1tb ssd

Solution
So we tried all of that and none of it seemed to work. Also another thing to add when i restart the pc the audio sounds really funky, until i go back and change all of the settings that i changed to make it sound normal.

One or More of the below issues could be the problem

Faulty Hardware
Faulty Sockets or Cables
Incompatible OS
Incompatible Driver

I hope you are trying this on Windows 10.
I think it could be driver incompatibility with OS
Can you try on Windows 7? (also if possible try the soundcheck on earphones to confirm your speakers and cables are fine)

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Try disabling Nvidia High Definition Audio in the device manager

First step: You can try re-installing the audio driver (latest)

If this not works, go to device manager and under sound hardware, check view all events to see if there are any errors, we will see further

Dec 9, 2019
Try disabling Nvidia High Definition Audio in the device manager

First step: You can try re-installing the audio driver (latest)

If this not works, go to device manager and under sound hardware, check view all events to see if there are any errors, we will see further
So we tried all of that and none of it seemed to work. Also another thing to add when i restart the pc the audio sounds really funky, until i go back and change all of the settings that i changed to make it sound normal.

Ravi Sankar

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

One or More of the below issues could be the problem

Faulty Hardware
Faulty Sockets or Cables
Incompatible OS
Incompatible Driver

I hope you are trying this on Windows 10.
I think it could be driver incompatibility with OS
Can you try on Windows 7? (also if possible try the soundcheck on earphones to confirm your speakers and cables are fine)

Solution
There is also s chance of high EMI, potentially caused by your new GPU. With onboard audio there is virtually no cure for this, the only thing that (mostly) helps is getting an add-on sound card, preferably a better model with EMI shield. Expensive and unnecessary, you might say, but this is the only thing that saved me back in the day. I'd rather not have a discrete sound card since onboard is good enough, but I had so much static and muffling and could even hear my mouse when moving it, it was unbearable.