Question I got a new motherboard and CPU now windows wont boot no matter what

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 20, 2019
I bought a new CPU and Motherboard, windows wouldnt boot so I removed all of the drives except an empty M.2 and installed windows on that, now when the pc boots up it just freezes on a black screen with blue windows logo, i have tried everything I have found on Forums to fix this and have had no luck.... PLEASE HELP1

Reactions: rbagro

Colif

Win 11 Master
On the settings/advanced page of bios, choose secure erase and wipe the ssd (page 62 of manual)
then try again, maybe with a blank ssd it might get further - it could be fact you have win 10 half installed that is part of problem
leave M.2 as top of boot order

use boot override as normal as I think its important to make sure the m.2 is first thing seen by PC when it restarts during install process.

Jun 20, 2019
On the settings/advanced page of bios, choose secure erase and wipe the ssd (page 62 of manual)
then try again, maybe with a blank ssd it might get further - it could be fact you have win 10 half installed that is part of problem
leave M.2 as top of boot order

use boot override as normal as I think its important to make sure the m.2 is first thing seen by PC when it restarts during install process.
/
so you want me to keep that m.2 in but wipe it and use a different SSD?

Colif

Win 11 Master
when I said ssd, I knew I should have corrected it to m.2. they all solid state drives.

So even with a blank m.2 it still does the same thing... this doesn't make sense.
surely its not the installer. It worked fine the first time?

I guess I need to sleep, I thought that would fix it. I might see if any other mods have any bright ideas

Jun 20, 2019
when I said ssd, I knew I should have corrected it to m.2. they all solid state drives.

So even with a blank m.2 it still does the same thing... this doesn't make sense.
surely its not the installer. It worked fine the first time?

I guess I need to sleep, I thought that would fix it. I might see if any other mods have any bright ideas
ok thank u