Question I got a xbox 360 with some ripped off caps and broken traces


Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you can source replacement caps, then yes they can be reordered. Regarding broken traces, that depends entirely on the extent to the damage or rather how badly the traces were taken off. You can try and source a donor unit from Ebay or even contact NorthRidgeFix for replacement parts/traces/pads.
Last edited:
Reactions: Umair Zafar Ahmed
360 has a multilayer board which means it's very hard to do any soldering on it, caps can be replaced but you need some experience or you will do damage to the board.
Traces can always be fixed as long as you find any place where the trace isn't damaged so that you can jump it to wherever it needs to go with a wire, that's even more difficult than the caps.
Reactions: Umair Zafar Ahmed