Question I Got BSOD & Restarts out of nowhere, on my new components.

Aug 16, 2024
I purchased and installed these brand new components : (from trusted local PC shop)
------------------------------------------------------------
- AMD 9 7950x3D 144MB Cache 5.7Ghz
- ASUS TUF 650M + Wifi
- Coolermaster MWV Gold V2 1250W
- NZXT 280 Kraken
- Kingston 64GB (2x32) Fury Beast (5600mhz)
------------------------------------------------------------
i already had this
- N'Vidia RTX 3080
- Samsung EVO QVO 2x1TB

Before this components i have 0 problems with my pc whatsoever but, now i have BSOD and Cold Restarts, i went trough a lot of "Try to Fix BSOD" methods including memory diagnostics, SFC CMD commands etc.. but mention them anyway maybe i've missed one.

The most confusing thing for me is that when im working with UE5 BSOD occur, even when i'm chilling and watching Youtube videos PC restarts or BSOD appears out of nowhere, but yesterday i decided to play with my brother who has the exact same machine 1 x 1, (btw he does not have any problems) we tried to play Hunt Showdown 1896 newest patch, and i though BSOD or Cold Restart will occur in the matter of minutes since i'm playing a game which uses my components to near maximum, but after 5-6 extensive hours of gameplay on max settings 144FPS not even a single lag happened, i was so confused how watching youtube can cause a BSOD but extensive game cannot

!! So i need your help what should i try to resolve or at least narrow down my problem, Thanks in advance! (i hope i will fix my problem ASAP because i need to work on my UE5 project is part of my job).

Aug 16, 2024
Did you just move a previous installation of Windows (from a previous hardware configuration) to this updated system?

What were the previous components?
No i just reinstall windows 11 pro after i installed new components.

My previous components were
- CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x
- Ram : Kingston Fury 2x8 1400mhz
- No Water Cooling Base cooler that comes with Ryzen
- PSU Deltoro 750W

Aug 16, 2024
Is your motherboard BIOS the most recent available (non-beta) version?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Did you get your AMD chipset drivers directly from AMD? Same question for your Nvidia GPU, directly from Nvidia?
TBH im not sure about motherboard BIOS update i just left it how it was out of the box.
About GPU driver is updated to the newset update.
Windows 11 is updated to the newest updates as well.
Not overclocking anything.
Btw maybe what im saying is giberish but on my mother board states that can handle the bunch of MHz rams where 5600 stated as OC, but my ram is 5600mhz by default, but in the other hand my brother has the exact same machine as me he does not have any problem what so ever.

EDIT : my components are 1 day old im not afraid if they are faulty just because i have warrenty on them so i can replace them anytime i want to.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
TBH im not sure about motherboard BIOS update i just left it how it was out of the box.
About GPU driver is updated to the newset update.
Windows 11 is updated to the newest updates as well.
Not overclocking anything.
Btw maybe what im saying is giberish but on my mother board states that can handle the bunch of MHz rams where 5600 stated as OC, but my ram is 5600mhz by default, but in the other hand my brother has the exact same machine as me he does not have any problem what so ever.
You should check the BIOS.

https://www.asus.com/us/motherboard...sk_bios?model2Name=TUF-GAMING-B650M-PLUS-WIFI

This very well could fix the issue. Your memory is fine.

Aug 16, 2024
Aug 16, 2024
Instructions can be found here:

Basically, you download the file to a USB drive and unzip it. Boot into the BIOS, go to section where the updater is and start the process by selecting the USB drive and files you put there.

Do not power off while performing the update. Only takes a few minutes.
I did update my bios i will let you know later on if i still have BSOD or Restarts, Thank you so much for now brother stay safe :)