I got my new graphics card the XFX Radeon R9 295X2 8GB Core graphics Card and I was wondering if my system is bottlenecking it

Jan 24, 2015
My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

RAM: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Drive 1: Intel 530 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (OS and current game)

Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Movies, shows big programs ect.)

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon R9 295X2 8GB Core Edition Video Card

Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer™ ATX Mid Tower Case

Monitor: AOC E2460SD 60Hz 24.0" Monitor x 3

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card

PSU: Aerocool VP1000 True Power 1000W Power Supply

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker, Razer Naga Epic and Razer Tiamat 7.1

wss_003

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Your limitation is likely the 4GB of vram that is the resolution i use and have quickly discovered you need to find cards with 8gb of vram each to really push the settings up so i would lower some settings and try again or ditch the 295x2 which is an "8gb" card but really only has two gpus that each have 4gb and as im sure u k iw vram doesnt add up when xfireing. Look into the 290 with 8gb for that rez and crossfire two of those youl be much happier

Jan 24, 2015

Thats not the problem because under load I'm going through about 5.5gigs of vram which wouldn't be possible if that was the case (I'm using afterburner for testing by the way)

Jan 24, 2015
I've found that if I remove the top of my case to expose the raditator from the graphics card that its heat goes down a good amount and the card runs much better and cam be overclocked a bit the the problem was the ventilation the card was getting so I'll have to think about moviing the raditator

Jan 24, 2015

Thats exactly what I concluded myself so I set up two fans on the raditator so the air is flowing much better but I did find it throttling a bit so so when I get around to it I'll get some more fans.

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Hello, My first guess is driver related and possibly game-engine issues. If its throttling from temperature, you would see readings over 95'C... What are you seeing?

XFX Support

Tutorial for proper driver installation.

1-Load windows with only your primary graphics card plugged in.
2-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.
3-Download and Run the 14.9 (or latest) drivers from AMD.com (Omega drivers do not have Uninstall built in, you have to do it through add/remove, which is okay)
4-Choose to Uninstall/express (may not be available in newest version, download an older version) the existing drivers, and AMD folder
5-Restart the computer.
6-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.
7-Run the 14.12 drivers from AMD.com
8-Choose to Install/Express the drivers
9-Restart. Confirm settings are working in windows.
10-Shutdown and add 2nd/3rd cards for Xfire.
11-Respond to this ticket if you have any further questions
** If you have nvidia drivers on your computer, you might need to run the Uninstall feature of Nvidias driver as well.

Jan 24, 2015

The tempeture of the card appears to be maxing out at 74 degrees and at that point the clock speeds of the GPUs start to drop and don't remain stable (this is what I assumed thermal throttling mean's) and I used the autodetect tool on the AMD site to install the drivers and I had already made sure there were no nvidia driver left, however I did not disable my anti-virus/malware protection, but there were no indications the virus/malware protection had affected the install at all.