Question I got my new pc today m but in have numerous issues

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
When it comes to cooling everything's great when I'm using it I think the Warmest my 5800x3d got was 71 degrees with the artic freezer 2 360 aio but when my pc goes to sleep which is the only way I can get the rgb to go off every fan/aio pump in the pc stops and my cpu instantly went to 77 in less than a minute, i know is not supposed to do that but it does,

It's an Asus rog strix b550 gaming ll motherboard
Asus ko 3060ti
Lian li unity fans
Artic freezer 2 aio 360 mm
Case is a nzxt h7 flow
thermaltake Gf3 850 gold
in bios pump is set to 100 constant, aio fans are 35% constant I know sleep shuts them off, is there a way I can set it up so the aio doesn't stop while it sleeps so im not blind by the rgb
What's weird is this pcs power plan is the Same as my other and my other pc never shuts down and it Don't go to sleepmot hibernate fans run 24/7 it's an airline cooler and it runs 24/7 this pc everything shuts off and tries to burn my house down

I use Armory crate for rgb controller for the mobo , l-connect for the lian li fans

Why does my cpu heat up when it's in sleep mode it should not?

How do i get the lights to go off without putting the pc in sleep mode which would eliminatethe need for me to worry about the cpu overheating (should i manually shut them off even though i shouldn't have to)?

Right now I can't risk is so im just shutting the whole pc Down until I use it cause even hybrid sleep does the samething and I can't afford to replace it, it's boggling that it is doing this and it shouldn't .

Last edited:

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
New PC.

Consider that the PC may be doing (or trying to do) things in the background before going to sleep.

Updates, etc..

Check the sleep states.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-determine-power-sleep-states-supported-windows-10

Things may not be as you believe or expect.
Thanks for the reply but I have no idea what I'm doing with computers anymore, I had a stroke in 2019 I didn't lose all I once knew but I lost most, I've also never had a pc like this all my other pcs do not sleep/hibernate but they do go dark and all the fans stay running and pcs stay cool where this one if it doesn't sleep the lights never go off, if I put it to sleep through the power option the cpu gets hot instantly , i tested it with hwmonitor, before sleep cpu was 38 after 40 seconds of being in sleep it was 77

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately this situation falls into the "you don't know what you don't know" category.

If anything try to find a family member or friend to help you.

You may unknowingly make things worse for any number of reasons.

Noted that the rgb lights bother you.

Instead of relying on some sleep modes etc. to resolve that problem why not just simply shut down?

Not ideal perhaps but the overheating issue, for what ever reason, becomes a bit moot.

Your system will be safer from overheating and you will have more time to figure things out.

Still getting someone you trust on site to help is my recommendation.

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Unfortunately this situation falls into the "you don't know what you don't know" category.

If anything try to find a family member or friend to help you.

You may unknowingly make things worse for any number of reasons.

Noted that the rgb lights bother you.

Instead of relying on some sleep modes etc. to resolve that problem why not just simply shut down?

Not ideal perhaps but the overheating issue, for what ever reason, becomes a bit moot.

Your system will be safer from overheating and you will have more time to figure things out.

Still getting someone you trust on site to help is my recommendation.
Trying to reach out to the company that built it for me i just got this yesterday abd paid a whole lot of money for it 😢