I got no sound!!!

Mar 26, 2018
Have a 5 year old pc I built using a ASUS P8P67 deluxe motherboard.
I lost my sound. My speaker icon on bottom right tray has red X.
Device manager shows yellow exclamation points for these:

Ethernet Controller
Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device
USB Controller
USB Controller
Unknown Device

Amd High Def Audio Device
AMD High Def Audio Device
Logitech USB Headset
Realtek High Definition Audio

I plug my Logitch 5.1 sound system to the onboard Realtek on this motherboard.
I have reinstalled drivers numerous times to no avail.

What is wrong? Do I have a corrupt registry? Do I need to nuke and pave? Is it possible onboard stuff has fried? Is there some test in Bios to see if things are working?

1. Try going to the Asus website and downloading the updated audio driver listed for your motherboard.
(Realtek Audio - Version 6.01.7848 - 2016/08/04)

2. Do you have any idea what the "Unknown Device" in Device Manager is? Do you have any add-on cards in your computer, or any peripheral device plugged in via USB?

Mar 26, 2018
I thought I had downloaded the latest Realtek Audio, and tried multiple times to install it .

I am on ASUS website right now and this is the latest driver that I can find: Version 5.10.0.6235&6.0.1.62
2010/12/29

Not sure where you are getting you driver version from. Here is the URL I am at: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8P67_DELUXE/HelpDesk_Download/

Not sure what Unknown device is but I will say that around the same timeframe as I lost sound, I did install a new Canon MX490 printer. I can't remember if I did this before or after I lost sound. I hook it up via USB, but it isn't hooked up at this moment. The only thing USB wise I have hooked up is my Logitech headset, which I have now removed. Other than that, I have done nothing to this pc and there are no add on cards except the 2 ATI Radeon video cards that I installed when I built the rig.

If you would be so kind as to point me out to your link where you see the Realtek audio. I will try that.

Mar 26, 2018
I now have more devices that have yellow exclamation points:

Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy
Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy
Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy
Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter
Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink COnverter
Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers

I'm sorry, i just assumed you were using Windows 10. That's where the newer Realtek Audio driver is located.

Since you installed the Logitech USB Headset, have you looked at your "Playback" devices in "Control Panel > Sound" to see which devices are now set to Default?