[SOLVED] I got so many BSOD and I don't know what to do.

Oct 8, 2019
Hi everyone, so I bought this computer 4 months ago and I used it ever since.

I bought it for pre-built. The first time I turned it on, after a few hours of using I encounter a BSOD. And I thought it might be just the system and then I reinstall windows 10, and then I get a lot of BSOD. It comes and goes and I don't know the root of it. There are a few days that no BSOD occurs and there are days that it happens 3-4 times. It is quite annoying since I don't know how to fix it.

I listed the BSODs that occur in the PC:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ( (wdf01000.sys) ( (wdf01000.sys)

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (ntfs.sys)

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

I am not sure if I can still track these error codes in my event viewer since it happens randomly and some of them rarely occurs.

My friends told me that their might be faulty hardware on my PC. I really have no idea.

Here is my PC spec:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-8700 CPU
Palit GEFORE STORMX GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
8GB DDR4 RAM
120GB SSD
1 TB BARRACUDA HDD

Last edited:
Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: Et-et
Solution
Oct 8, 2019

Okay, so an update, I run the memtest86 for 2 hours, is 2 passes enough or 4 passes is really required?

I run the memtest86 two times, the 1st one consist of over 1000 errors but we suddenly lost power for a moment so I have to re-run it again, and now it consists of 328 errors. Is this enough to conclude that I need to change my RAM? I only have 1 ram which is an 8GB stick.

I already change my settings to a small memory dump. Should I wait for another BSOD to occurs before I update here?

Anyway, I really appreciate your help. I'm really struggling with this BSOD for a couple of months now, it feels like hell for me.

Thank you so much for helping me

Oct 8, 2019
You have not listed the part number of your memory.

Any errors, return under warranty for replacement.

Can I ask what is this part number of memory? I'm actually new at PCs.

Unfortunately, there's no warranty on this thing, the reseller refused to communicate. So I guess I have to buy a new one from another shop instead.

Anyway, thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can I ask what is this part number of memory? I'm actually new at PCs.

Unfortunately, there's no warranty on this thing, the reseller refused to communicate. So I guess I have to buy a new one from another shop instead.

Anyway, thank you.

A new what? Not a new PC I hope?

We should be able to work out what ram you have and then all you need to do is send it back to the maker. You RMA the ram and tell them it failed memtest, that is normally good enough to get replacements. Most ram has lifetime warranty I think.

Oct 8, 2019
A new what? Not a new PC I hope?

We should be able to work out what ram you have and then all you need to do is send it back to the maker. You RMA the ram and tell them it failed memtest, that is normally good enough to get replacements. Most ram has lifetime warranty I think.

It's a new PC. I bought it 4 months ago. The BSOD occurred right after the computer was first turned on and when I reinstall windows 10 the BSOD still persists, so I assumed that it must be the hardware that fails not the drivers or OS or anything. I will try replacing my RAM and this time with a trusted reseller. And if BSOD still occurs, then their most be another hardware that also fails.

Thank you. I learn now that I should immediately test the computer for possible errors right after I bought it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You shouldn't have any problems like that at all with a new PC. You also shouldn't have needed to test it, it should just work. If I had any problems with a pre built, I would take it back to whoever made it. It is not your fault if they make it wrong, you didn't go out to buy a broken PC.

Yes, all you need is new ram, not a new PC. I was just concerned you would buy a new PC, instead of just new ram.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
You shouldn't have any problems like that at all with a new PC. You also shouldn't have needed to test it, it should just work. If I had any problems with a pre built, I would take it back to whoever made it. It is not your fault if they make it wrong, you didn't go out to buy a broken PC.

Yes, all you need is new ram, not a new PC. I was just concerned you would buy a new PC, instead of just new ram.

Yes. I now know that the RAM was the issue. It's just sad that it happens to me, at my very first PC. Although a little happy at the same time since I knew a little bit more about PC and what not to do when you are trying to buy one.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS