I got some water in my rig! help?

THwh

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
So this morning i put my PC in my back seat and accidentally left the car door open to go grab something in the house. It wasn't raining when i left but when i came back like 4 mins later it had started to rain... There was some water on top of my rig and some got inside and was wondering what the hell should i do. I was thinking to just leave it alone for like 3-4 days and let everything dry... Anyone know how to approach this sticky situation?
Thanks

Here is a link if you want to know what it looks like ..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIpRuL_zHA

Solution
Don't stress about it. best thing to do it see how wet it is inside. if it's just a few drops let it dry and you'll be fine.
whatever you do, don't try to clean it with a towel. that will just make your situation worse. open the side panel and let it air out for a couple hours :)

Petru Tiglar

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Don't stress about it. best thing to do it see how wet it is inside. if it's just a few drops let it dry and you'll be fine.
whatever you do, don't try to clean it with a towel. that will just make your situation worse. open the side panel and let it air out for a couple hours :)

Solution
Water, especially ran instead of tap water, is pretty clean, and probably won't do much damage.

The trick is to make sure that your rig is dry before you plug it in. Open up the side panels and put a box fan in front of it overnight before plugging it in and everything should be fine by morning.

THwh

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

Yeah i did wipe my sound card off a little with my sweatshirt then i remembered never to do that because of the fabric...
Okay thanks guys for info. i'll just let it dry out for a couple days. This sucks tho kuz i just got a SSD i wanted to put in there:/