Question I got suggested a build but I think it’s missing storage to go in the trays at the back of my case?

Mar 31, 2020
I got suggested this build when asking for advice on how to build the right PC. Loads of people said it looked fine so I’ve bought the parts and built it.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/MNCzWb
However, I noticed that in all of the building videos I’ve watched that everyone has a hard drive that goes into the trays on your case. Do I need these? If not I’m unsure why my PC isn’t working now that I’ve built it.

I got suggested this build when asking for advice on how to build the right PC. Loads of people said it looked fine so I’ve bought the parts and built it.
However, I noticed that in all of the building videos I’ve watched that everyone has a hard drive that goes into the trays on your case. Do I need these? If not I’m unsure why my PC isn’t working now that I’ve built it.
You have a m.2 hard drive. You don’t NEED a SSD 2.5” or standard 3.5” platter drive.

Reactions: Dj0gany

USAFRet

Titan
You have a 1TB NVMe SSD. That connects directly to the motherboard.
If you're going to need more space, then you get another drive. A 2.5" SSD (recommended) or 3.5" HDD.
But if 1TB is sufficient drive space for you, you do not need anything else.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How do you mean not working? Like expecting Windows to load?

According to your build list, you have an SSD installed which the storage part is covered, everyone has covered that aspect of it. You'll need to install an operating system to make use of your new system. This isn't like a console where ya just hook up power and it's all up and running. Windows 10 costs about $100 or you can run it free with some limitations.

See here in regards to creating an install media (on another PC obviously) to get your PC to the next stage.

This is if my hunch is correct that ya didn't know you had to install Windows yourself on a self built PC.

How do you mean not working? Like expecting Windows to load?

According to your build list, you have an SSD installed which the storage part is covered, everyone has covered that aspect of it. You'll need to install an operating system to make use of your new system. This isn't like a console where ya just hook up power and it's all up and running. Windows 10 costs about $100 or you can run it free with some limitations.

See here in regards to creating an install media (on another PC obviously) to get your PC to the next stage.

This is if my hunch is correct that ya didn't know you had to install Windows yourself on a self built PC.
or he can just download the windows 10 to a usb or a disc and isntall it in the bios i suppose?