i gotta say it...AMD is better than intel

G

well, despite all the problems, i jsut instaled the 12th socket a system for my friend, and no ones had any heat probs or stability probs.

i dunno where guiys are getting therese amd or via probs.

right nwo amd is better than intel. who cares if they dont have thermal protection. you dont need it. maybe in the future intel will be better than amd, but not right now.

anmd amdmeltdown and fugger, youj dont help anyhone, you just pisss them off...bad children!!!!

yay for being drunk@@!@

AMD. It gets you chicks.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I must say that AMD's chips are some of the most cost-efficient good performers out there. Match it against a PIII, and there's clearly no contest. I do wish they had thermal protection though...

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

why do they need thermal protection?? youve got to be ultra stupid to not be able to install them properly, its like saying that cars need to have "crash protection:"

AMD. It gets you chicks.

G

True Mr Man you tell them

I installed 8 myself now
all Socket A's
Not one probelsm

! not one!
I have been using AMD for years
not 1 not ONE problem

You would have to have chronic arthritis or Multiple Scerosis to install the heatsink wrong!

It's so true

They don't need thermal protection

They need Fool Protection
Don't sell a AMD to this person who acts or is below the age of 10

haha

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

good sh1t tibirdinside, youre all good

im sorry i was a (unt

yea, socket a chips are so easy to install

what a pack of fu(kwits

AMD. It gets you chicks.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I did NOT say they NEED thermal protection, got that?
But as an ACCESSORY, it is desirable to have it built in. Sure, we can all be masters at installing AMD devices into systems and have them all running fine, but there is always the chance for HUMAN ERROR.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

truew, aarrow

cgood cal

wweell doen...tghey shoudk have thermal prtectioin for reards

AMD. It gets you chicks.

dhlucke

Polypheme
tar bender....I need another drink...

Amd...gotta admit that AMD has the upperhand right now. For all your bias you just have to admit that AMD is a better buy RIGHT NOW. Your argument won't stick until you have new material and you'll most likely have to wait until summer for that. And what will you do if the Palamino is a pure success? I'm hoping that both the palamino and new P4 will both rock so that we will get another performace war....

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>

G

itsd actually onteiths. youw ont snoknow wht tat ber w cause its new zealnd beer. and its FU(KING NICE ut whether im dunk r not amd is still better tn intel

AMD. It gets you chicks.

G

what a dick your are

my wise and beautiful friend i kjnow when im drunk cockfasce

i hate youi so mcuh dicksuck,,,,trying toi sY THAT AMD CPUS SUCK WHEN i knowq that they rule, [-peep-] you cock easting penois raper, gpo fucsk youyr mothere

AMD. It gets you chicks.

G

marliyn manshole

the FIGHT song

AMD. It gets you chicks.

G

Nice one Wusy
i just build my sister and brother in law a Tbird 800

they wanted a Celeron

But i changed there minds. =-)

Cheap too fully loaded system with monitor i built froms cratch for $900 total~

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Cars do have crash protection. Its called airbags and side impact beams. The car still crashes, but most things are protected. Its the same that a chip overheats, just that a PIII is protected. Thats just my opinion, you might be wrong.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. Shooting your mouth off only proves you have a small one...

dandan

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2001
On the whole thermal protection issue, though I haven't seen it in one of these posts, has anyone <i> actually </i> removed a HSF from a PIII while it's running to check this out? Obviously, I don't expect many people to say they have tried as it would be an expensive experiment, but does anyone know of a website that has tried this? ( I am doubtful that the issue on the PIII side is as cut-and-dry as that, though I'm open to be corrected)

On the 'crushing the core' issue, this is true of both PIIIs and Athlons. The PIIIs just have a little bit of what looks like a rubbery compound squirted on top after the chip is made, which may help protect them a little, though the actual chip is still proud of the surround. I believe the main problem however is with the HSF manufacturers. Firstly they were releasing Socket370 HSFs and saying they were fit to use on Athlons instead of making new designs (I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had to cut off the little pads on the bottom of a HSF to make it fit), and secondly, the spring force on many of the clips is downright stupid - I'm not a small fellow, and when I have trouble closing a clip onto a socket using needle-nose pliers, there's something wrong. Surely the clips don't need to be <i> that </i> tight in order to give a good contact with the CPU, especially seeing as they're the only point of contact?

Dan

'What we do in life, echoes in Eternity' (being topical today)

TRENDING THREADS