green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
I am really sorry if the thread doesnt belong here 100% but I dont know where else to ask and I am kinda concerned. You see not always its like 1-2 out of 10 times when a lightswitch is turned on or off in the house or some other kind of electrical device while I am using the computer the screen goes black for like 3-4 secs and then returns to normal , pc is running for that duration its not like its shutting itself off. Happend while gaming etc but nothing significant happend besides the black screen , the game would still be where i left it before those 3-4 secs no other issues noted. I am just concerned if that can actually damage the components? Like I know its electrical some kind of leak at the house but I am going to move from here in like 1 year and I didnt really bothered checking it out since like I said its not happening often. So am I actually doing something stupid for letting that happen?

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
There is probably noise in the electrical wires in your home and it's causing your PC to do that. Plug your PC into a surge protector with a built-in noise filter. Plug it in the last socket away from the cord from the wall for best results.

Actually before I do that I forgot to mention that the pc and the screen are powered on by complete different outlets like pc is from the wall and the screen is from a power strip. Could it just be the screen power doing funny things and not the pc ?

Actually before I do that I forgot to mention that the pc and the screen are powered on by complete different outlets like pc is from the wall and the screen is from a power strip. Could it just be the screen power doing funny things and not the pc ?
Could be a small amount of noise that affects the screen and not the PC. Also, I have a cheap AOC 4K monitor that goes black on and off, I think it's just a poor quality monitor. But, if it's happening when your powering on something else in the home, then it could be noise in the lines. I had a treadmill that would restart my modem everytime the treadmill was turned on. A noise filtering surge protector fixed the issue.

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Could be a small amount of noise that affects the screen and not the PC. Also, I have a cheap AOC 4K monitor that goes black on and off, I think it's just a poor quality monitor. But, if it's happening when your powering on something else in the home, then it could be noise in the lines. I had a treadmill that would restart my modem everytime the treadmill was turned on. A noise filtering surge protector fixed the issue.

I see.. since I dont have any surge protector with a built-in noise filter. Will it be worth to try to place the pc and the screen in a whole different outlet? (Like the ones that are stronger dunno the english name who can support ovens and such not just casuals for lamps ) you think that might help ? Since on the outlet that my screen is connected at the moment on has my modem and a lamp.