i had noton antivirus installed now it has gone

i had norton antivirus installed on my computer when i brought it it has some
how been lost. i have tryed to restore by back dating my computer but this
didnt work.i would be gratful for any help.
--
rebecca

go to Start>search> all files and folders. Then in both boxes type in
Norton, click okay.
This should bring up all instances of Norton and their locations.