Question I had to change motherboard and now the computer is behaving weird.

Gamn

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum, i usually just look between posts to find answers if i have a problem, but now i have a problem that seem so "unique" i am hoping you guys can help me.

Gonna try to make the story as short as possible without living any useful information out:

About 3 months ago i buy a Dell Optiplex 7010, I5 (3.40) with 8 ram (4x2GB) no dedicated GPU, it was refurnished but it was cheap enough and good enough that i could not pass it, plus it was a huge upgrade over my PC at the moment. Then about 3 weeks ago i installed a Bios update the page of the manufacturer tell me was "urgent"... enough to say it seem to have make the Bios not work so the PC never started after that (they told me there is this device that can force a reset but it is not available in my country and any of the normal way does not work)

About a week ago i found a new motherboard that both "work" with most of my components and was small enough to fit my slim case, Intel® Desktop Board DH61CR, sadly some compromises had to be made, the fan next to the HDD would not be connected and the fan of the processor had to be replaced for a new one, also all my front USB Pannel plus my Power button was a no go, instead they place a little button directly to the motherboard and told me i can never reset it or power it off from the new power button (probably cause the place it is connected to has more pins the button is not using)

Now to my "real" problem, after the new motherboard was installed i started noticing something weird, from time to time the USB will stop working all of the sudden, my mouse would start blinking slowly and no response would be giving from it or the keyboard, since i cant turn the PC off or restart it from power button that means disconnecting it and plugging it back on, this make me notice more things, the mother board will start the ethernet connection even while turn off, the modem even show it was connected to the PC, but every time i turn it on it shows "no internet connection" and i have to restart it. (after that it would start normally)

Finally i have a real problem starting the PC after a shutdown, some times it will start right way but most of the time i be force to disconnect and reconnect the PSU several times and push the power button for it to start, at to that the fact sometimes it would do a loud beep and skip POST or just beep and dont turn on, normally i just say the button is the problem but with the ethernet and the USB thing i cant avoid this feeling there is another issue and it may be worst if i wait to long to address it.

Gamn

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
With this motherboard swap, did you do a clean install of the OS?
Yes, i actually take "advantage" of the situation and change my OS from the HDD to the SSD, i never did it before cause it seems like it would be a lot of problem, i keep the same OS windows 10 just in case.

Gamn

Commendable
Oct 26, 2020
By 'change from HDD to SSD'...this was a brand new install on the SSD?
Yup i formatted the SSD and had a bit of problem giving it the correct format for Windows 10 since it was the first time, i also made sure to disconnect the HDD during the process so the PC only put files into the SSD and i could just clean the HDD.