[SOLVED] I had to reinstall windows and now i dont have microsoft store. It literally doesnt exist on the PC.

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
I just formated my disk C so i can play Forza Horizon 4 again because i had 50GB of voided space from a failed install of the said game.

Now i literally do not have Microsoft Store on my PC. If i search for it, theres a basic black/white icon and when i click it it opens up for 2 seconds and then shuts down. No error, no nothing. When i check the app, it takes 8KB of space.

Ive tried so many fixes and none worked. Im so damn confused and frustrated because i did this to play 1 game, and i still cant do it.

If anyone has any idea how they would fix this id be glad to hear it!

Solution
I assume so, yes. When i installed windows i downloaded it from microsoft on the flash drive. That was like 2 years ago.

Get an up-to-date version from Microsoft and follow the directions to make a bootable flash drive. Then do a full, fresh install, boot to the flash drive -- not any system repair screen or through Windows -- and completely wipe your OS drive. Make sure no other drives are connected while you're installing Windows other than the OS drive and the flash drive.

kanewolf

Titan
I just formated my disk C so i can play Forza Horizon 4 again because i had 50GB of voided space from a failed install of the said game.

Now i literally do not have Microsoft Store on my PC. If i search for it, theres a basic black/white icon and when i click it it opens up for 2 seconds and then shuts down. No error, no nothing. When i check the app, it takes 8KB of space.

Ive tried so many fixes and none worked. Im so damn confused and frustrated because i did this to play 1 game, and i still cant do it.

If anyone has any idea how they would fix this id be glad to hear it!
Where did you get the Windows installer from ?

DSzymborski

Titan
I assume so, yes. When i installed windows i downloaded it from microsoft on the flash drive. That was like 2 years ago.

Get an up-to-date version from Microsoft and follow the directions to make a bootable flash drive. Then do a full, fresh install, boot to the flash drive -- not any system repair screen or through Windows -- and completely wipe your OS drive. Make sure no other drives are connected while you're installing Windows other than the OS drive and the flash drive.

Solution

niksonrex88

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Thanks! I thought there might be a different solution but I understood that its probably only possible that way. Shame..