Question I had yellow Corsair VS550 and my RX 580 just arrived

Dec 10, 2019
Hi
The Rx 580 I bought just arrived today and I was going to install it just before I heard all negative things about it on forums.
Is it that bad? I already bought a Cooler Master V750 but It arrives Friday and it's very expensive! It's hard to keep waiting for it while Rx 580 is here.

I bought VS550 about 4 years ago paired it with Gigabyte H170 ultra durable and i5-6600K (Yes I didn't know overclock is useless on that motherboard) and I didn't have any problem so I was confused to see all the hate around this power supplies. It breaks my heart because back then I payed extra money to get Corsair because I was told their quality was awesome and it's an American company and so on... But now with all that has been said I'm not certain to use it even for a few days until my new PSU arrives! I know even Cooler Master V750 isn't best choice but believe me it is in a country when I can't found a single corsair model anymore! ( Was rare even back then )

So I told myself that it can endure until Friday because it must have some kind of protections, right? Or the risk of damaging other components is high and it doesn't worth it?

I payed extra money to get Corsair because I was told their quality was awesome

Yeah, but you bought their cheapest, bottom-of-the-line model.

So I told myself that it can endure until Friday because it must have some kind of protections, right? Or the risk of damaging other components is high and it doesn't worth it?

It's not going to kill anything. It's just probably not going to work (reboot when you start your games, etc.)

Reactions: omidh

TRENDING THREADS