njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
I don't know if any of you guys are experiencing similar problems, but the summer heat is death to an overclocked computer!

I built my first system back in February of this year. I also overclocked my computer with no issues and had idle temperatures in the 38 - 41 C range. Not bad.
Now it is summer (these past couple of days temperature has been in the 90s) and I have had to leave my processor at stock, as I now have around the same temperatures at stock as I did overclocked!

Anyone else have these issues?

**EDIT** : Grammar

sailer

Splendid
I've had to turn my QX9650 down a few notches as well. The temps hit 65c the other day while running Prime95 and it put me in shock. Got them back down to 58c, but I'd still like them a lower.

lcaley

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Mine have only gone up a bit, but that's only because my pc sits right by the air vent lol :p

My idle temps went from about 34C to about 36C. At load it does get into the mid 60's though, but my system is almost never at full load for more than a few minutes throughout the day though, so that temp doesn't really bother me.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Shortly after the stone age, man also invented fans. Even in the 90s you can keep temps under control by opening the case and blowing a floor fan into the case.

G

despite the fact its hotter... summer is my favorite time

NO SKUL!!!! YEY!!!!

PS. I Lurned englesh gud

robertito

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I almost never game during the summer, too much other **** to do, so it doesn't effect me too much. No school and a beach less than 1/8 of a mile away doesn't equal sitting inside and gaming for me.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
i simply placed my comuter next to the vent outlet, so all the cold air first goes through my computer. it really helped my temps for the last couple of days, it's been mid to high 80s in chicago and my hd 3870 had been running at 60C @ 40% fan speed on the stock 2d frequency of 300mhz. no it's 34C. problem solved

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
lol I'm in Winter ATM, everybody know winter is OC season.

But In summer in Perth I have to reduce my computers clock to stock, My machine is in my bedroom. AS my bedroom gets sweet FA airflow from the Duct it gets hot quickly.

But thats in 45C (113F) days, not 32C (80F) days lol.

Lucky you. VA Beach is like 4hrs a way for me. Going to Canada this summer tho, so it may be intresting. But I was planning to do a few custom cases and mods, and may be even LN2, and I probably won't be able to now :(.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008

I meant that the outside temperature was in the 90s. Not my house, lol.

Air conditioning would be a good idea, however I am just temporarily renting out the place for my last year in college. The landlord has no motivation to put air conditioning in the place. I did just buy several fans though. I tried to position them in my house similar to how you might set fans in a computer case. lol.

Worked pretty well actually. Sitting cool in the low 70s now. :sol:

getme

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
window units are like $100 bucks. even a small one would do wonders. I can work outside in the heat but sleeping/computing w/o AC is insane.