Question I have 16 gb ram but an old version would the upgrade be worth it if i bought new ram with the same amount of gb in my case 16

Jan 5, 2020
So i have a new possessor and graphics card in my build but my ram is a little old its not old as in used just and old model. I have 16 gb ram and was wondering if it would help to get a newer model of ram but still 16 gb? I was wondering because my idle ram usage is at 30% and my rust keeps crashes all the time and no i dont think its crashing because of my settings or graphics card i have an rtx 2070 so i think it should handle rust pretty well.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full system specs.

In terms of "old", that doesn't really work like that. It's either compatible (DDR3, DDR4) or it's not.

I assume you're running DDR4, but likely lower speed kits (2133-2400MHz) and what you're comparing to is faster (3000+MHz) kits.

Depending on the platform, that may or may not make sense as an 'upgrade'. IF you're on Intel, it's not worth it at all. On Ryzen, it's a little more complicated.

As far as crashes go though, it's highly unlikely to be related to your RAM - especially your RAM being "old".