I have 16GB of Ram but windows 10 doesn't use more than half.

Feb 3, 2019
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have been having major performance problems ever since.

I had to disable intelppm in order to get my cpu to get over 33% performance which was making my computer chug.

And now (it was happening before i disabled intelppm) my Ram usage will not go higher than 50%.

This was not an issue in Windows 7 - all available RAM was being used as required. Because of this, it's causing a bottleneck in my system so that I am unable to effectively multitask.

Windows detects all 16GB of ram. I have ran memory checks and they are all fine. Even when I am deliberately trying to overstrain the computer it will not go above 50% cpu.

I would appreciate any help possible.

Lutfij

Titan
When stating a troubleshooting thread, you should include whether you're on a laptop or a desktop. On that note, list either the specs of the system(if a desktop) or the make and model/SKU of your laptop. We can move forward from there.

Mind also sharing how you've loaded out the system with 16GB of ram? Are they mixed and matched?

Feb 3, 2019

Apologies.

I'm running a Desktop PC with an Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz cpu
16GB ram
Windows 10 Home x64
GTX 1060 6GB

As for the RAM, I have not altered it from when I first installed it three years ago and as mentioned; Windows 7 had no problem with using it. It's only since upgrading to 10 that it's become an issue.

I'm finding I hit bottlenecks, especially when gaming and trying to multi-task. Yet the task manager isn't showing anywhere near my computer struggling. Even running Guild Wars 2 and Discord alone is causing problems with the latter performance and response time.

Quang_2

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017

Literaly same spec and same problem, i3-8100, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ddr4 ram, but even when i played PUBG, Shadow of the tomb raider or AC Odyssey, pc never uses more than 8gb. But i'm feeling ok because my performace is fine, stable at 60fps

Please start your own thread --- we can't be dealing with more than one person per thread even if you think your problem is identical. And anyway, it's unfair to the thread-starter when someone else butts in with there problem.
So start your own thread.

Quang_2

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017

Sr but i said i'm feeling ok because i have stable 60fps even my pc doesnt use more than 8gb ram of 16gb. I'm not a native English speaker so maybe the way i said make you missunderstand. I don't want to "butt" anything.
Anyway you can run 2-3 games at the same time to test whether your pc can use more than 8gb. With me when i played Shadow of the tomb raider and Pubg at the same time and finally it reached 14gb of ram