Question I have 16gb ram but pc uses 7 at max

Nov 23, 2018
My pc says I have 16gb ram but when i monitor it, it never goes past 7gb. I have a ryzen 5 2600 so im thinking this is what is making my pc play games poorly. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Nov 23, 2018
Unless you are using programs that max it out which would actually drop performance as your PC would push stuff over to your much slower page file on your hard drive.
Normal PC gaming is usually going to use less than 8GB.
so i wonder why my pc is doing so poorly, i just did a fresh install of windows, did all the drivers for gpu. i have a 1660ti and ryzen 5 2600 and i struggle to play games at medium and high

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fresh install of Windows, gpu drivers and nothing for the motherboard.

I'd advise you goto the motherboard downloads website and install any/all chipset drivers. Make sure to read them first, some may require an older version installed first as the newest version is an upgrade not standalone. This will include audio, Lan, USB, Sata drivers etc, specific to your motherboard, not the windows generic drivers. What you did for the gpu, you have to do for the mobo too.

Nov 23, 2018
Fresh install of Windows, gpu drivers and nothing for the motherboard.

I'd advise you goto the motherboard downloads website and install any/all chipset drivers. Make sure to read them first, some may require an older version installed first as the newest version is an upgrade not standalone. This will include audio, Lan, USB, Sata drivers etc, specific to your motherboard, not the windows generic drivers. What you did for the gpu, you have to do for the mobo too.
well i have my motherboard disk put when i put it in nothing happens. so i think my disk drive is broke and idk what to do for it.