Question I have 16GB RAM installed but it's showing only 7.96GB usable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2021
Press windows + r, type msconfig and enter, go to Boot, then go to advanced boot, check the maximum memory box and enter 16384, then ok the option, then check the "make all boot settings permanent" option, and apply, then ok, then reboot.
not working, it resets to 0 and the "make all boot settings permanent" doesnt stay checked

Press windows + r, type msconfig and enter, go to Boot, then go to advanced boot, check the maximum memory box and enter 16384, then ok the option, then check the "make all boot settings permanent" option, and apply, then ok, then reboot.
Never do that.
This option enforces memory limit in bootloader. It makes less memory available to the system than there physically is.
Maximum memory box has to be unchecked.

Not sure if this will be any consequence, but does this copy of Win10 happen to be 32-bit...?
32bit win wont read 8GB ram

I've got 16 gb of ram and in task manager and windows properties it shows 8 usable.
this means it disabled because its unstable, try to reseat it or try one stick then the other, if both works (alone), then some ram configuration might be needed in bios settings

Sep 24, 2021
i have a solution, sorry for my English I'm Mexican, mmm the solution is start windows with one stick of ram, in my case in A2, later turn off your computer and start windows with one stick now B2 , and GG. turn off your computer and put the two sticks of ram and check if the problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.