Question I have 2 HDD's that wont boot.

Sparklingtube

Commendable
Jun 12, 2021
So, i have 2 hdd's that i really need but when i try to start from one, it gives the logo and stuff, but wont boot, eventually i will but then it just shuts down and restarts, the same with the other one, im able to get into the bios but it takes like 3 minutes while with my normal working hdd it takes like 5 or 10 seconds, i have a laptop and i tested it with 2 laptops and its the same, i need the 2 hdd‘s as they are 500gb and i only have a 320gb one.

Sounds like the HDD's are bad, You can try a different cable, but if it does the same thing on the laptop, they are most likely junk.

Good thing is, 500GB HDD's are pretty cheap now, heres a brand new WD 500GB for $25 https://www.ebay.com/itm/234521902348?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28 Is in china so yeah, if you keep looking you might find cheaper, I don't recommend used, but it is an option, but just know that there is always a risk running a used HDD, which is why no one ever recommends it.

Good Luck!

Sparklingtube

Commendable
Jun 12, 2021
Sounds like the HDD's are bad, You can try a different cable, but if it does the same thing on the laptop, they are most likely junk.

Good thing is, 500GB HDD's are pretty cheap now, heres a brand new WD 500GB for $25 https://www.ebay.com/itm/234521902348?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28 Is in china so yeah, if you keep looking you might find cheaper, I don't recommend used, but it is an option, but just know that there is always a risk running a used HDD, which is why no one ever recommends it.

Good Luck!
Its a laptop so 2.5 inch, doesnt have any cables just a direct connection also like 5-10 years old, just checked the other one, defo dead makes a screeching noise.

So, i have 2 hdd's that i really need but when i try to start from one, it gives the logo and stuff, but wont boot, eventually i will but then it just shuts down and restarts, the same with the other one, im able to get into the bios but it takes like 3 minutes while with my normal working hdd it takes like 5 or 10 seconds, i have a laptop and i tested it with 2 laptops and its the same, i need the 2 hdd‘s as they are 500gb and i only have a 320gb one.
Connect the hdd's via usb.
See if you can access and test them.