Question I have 2 issues currently with the Radeon RX 5700 XT8GB. One being graphics and one being a resolution issue. Any help on either issue would be great!

Nov 27, 2019
My issue is with the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB.

This is what I sent to Gigabyte..

I have two current issues.

Issue 1:

I have a samsung C32jg50 1440p 144Hz monitor with an ASUS 1080p monitor as an extended display. I have connected the 1440p monitor to the graphics card using a DsiplayPort 1.4 cable and the 1080p monitor using a HDMI cable. There seems to be some kind of resolution issue with the graphics card and the 1440p monitor while using dual monitors, perhaps with the software of the graphics card. I noticed it when I first restarted my PC, the resolution changed from 1440p to 1680x1050 on the 1440p monitor (The 1080p monitor worked absolutely fine), but when I unplugged the DisplayPort cable and plugged it back in, it went back to 1440p and worked fine, until I restarted the PC again. My AMD drivers are up to date,so the issue is not there. I have also downloaded driver software for the 1440p monitor itself.

Issue 2 (I tried uploading screenshots but the file sizes were too large):

I previously had a NVIDIA 1060 6GB graphics card and the graphics seemed better for some reason (which cannot be right). While playing 'Red Dead Redemption 2' I tuned the graphics up to mostly Ultra settings, as recommended by YouTubers using the RX 5700XT. However although the FPS is a lot better, I seem to notice that the graphics don't look so good in a number of ways, the fur doesn't look as nice, neither does the hair, also the vegetation e.g. trees and leaves etc, even though the graphics are tuned up to mostly Ultra, and it actually looked somewhat better on my 1060 (especially the hair and fur) and the graphics were lower!!

Specs:

Processor: Intel I7-6700k
Board: ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
RAM: 16GB 2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz DDR4 RAM

Thanks for taking the time to read this

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS