[SOLVED] I have 2 monitors but only 1 port (hdmi), what can I do?

DutchFellah

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
Before I start I just want to say I don't want to mirror my screens, I want to use them separately. I have 2 monitors but my laptop only has 1 port. I bought an usb c to hdmi adapter to fix this but my laptop doesn't have thunderbolt. I bought an usb to hdmi and this also didn't work. Any idea how I can fix this without spending much (going to get a pc in 2 months and I dont want to spend a lot on something I won't use in 2 months).

Solution
You're right, I missed the mention that it was a laptop. In that case, there really ISN'T anything you can get, for cheap, that would be worth spending the money on if you are getting a desktop in 2 months time. There ARE devices out there that will do what you want but in light of the fact that you are moving to a desktop AND do not want to simply mirror these displays, it is money that would be much better spent being put towards the hardware going into the new system or in fact the new system itself.
What are your FULL hardware specifications? Please list EXACTLY what you have, including CPU model, motherboard model, EXACT graphics card model (Not just "GTX 1060" for example, but WHICH GTX 1060, or whatever it is). Also, the models of your displays as well.

DutchFellah

Reputable
Sep 26, 2019
What are your FULL hardware specifications? Please list EXACTLY what you have, including CPU model, motherboard model, EXACT graphics card model (Not just "GTX 1060" for example, but WHICH GTX 1060, or whatever it is). Also, the models of your displays as well.

I have a laptop as I said so I have no idea but It's an HP Pavilion, screens are ASUS TUF VG24VQ and IIyama 2390HS

You're right, I missed the mention that it was a laptop. In that case, there really ISN'T anything you can get, for cheap, that would be worth spending the money on if you are getting a desktop in 2 months time. There ARE devices out there that will do what you want but in light of the fact that you are moving to a desktop AND do not want to simply mirror these displays, it is money that would be much better spent being put towards the hardware going into the new system or in fact the new system itself.

Solution