[SOLVED] I have 2 questions, i have recently been offered a gtx 1650 and ryzen 3 3200g for cheap but are they better than my specs?

Dec 28, 2020
I have 2 questions, i have recently been offered a gtx 1650 and ryzen 3 3200g for cheap but are they better than my specs?I have a rx 570 with a ryzen 5 1400 inspiron 5675 would the ryzen 3 work in my system.

Solution
No you likely won't be able to put a 3000 series chip in your 1st gen board. OEMs rarely provide the appropriate BIOS updates.

Hmm, you would be trading 4 cores 8 threads for 4 cores 4 threads, but the CPU cores will be faster. For games, yes, maybe a little better. For other tasks, probably a decrease on some things. So if you pick up a cheap B450 motherboard, might be worth it.

GPUs are pretty close in performance, but it kind of depends on which RX570 you have. There will be some titles that favor Nvidia, but the majority should be in favor of the RX570.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No you likely won't be able to put a 3000 series chip in your 1st gen board. OEMs rarely provide the appropriate BIOS updates.

Hmm, you would be trading 4 cores 8 threads for 4 cores 4 threads, but the CPU cores will be faster. For games, yes, maybe a little better. For other tasks, probably a decrease on some things. So if you pick up a cheap B450 motherboard, might be worth it.

GPUs are pretty close in performance, but it kind of depends on which RX570 you have. There will be some titles that favor Nvidia, but the majority should be in favor of the RX570.

Solution
Dec 28, 2020

so if i get a b450 board would it work, and whats a cheap pricefor one?

You are downgrading by buying a new mainboard to essentially go from a 1400 to a slower CPU like a 2200(which is all a 3200G is)...and paying money to do it.

Sell off the parts....and get an RTX2060 Super or above...and, as others have suggest, an R5-1600/2600, if supported. (If getting a new mainboard/CPU, start your search with R5-3600 or 3700...or, when back in stock, the R5-5600.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
so if i get a b450 board would it work, and whats a cheap pricefor one?

Dell uses custom motherboards with different mounting holes and the rear I/O panel is usually part of the case. The front panel connectors are also proprietary and undocumented as far as the pinouts go. If you can overcome all of that then you can use a different motherboard. 🤷‍♂️

The best option is to use a different case and salvage what you can from the dell.