i have 2GB KingSton Ram and i wanna get another 2 GB Ram

shumanking

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I have 2GB Kingston Ram DDR2 and i wanna improve my Computer Pref. so Should i get Another 2 GB Kingston Ram or i can get Any type i mean not important to Get the same type of the First Ram or can i get anything ??? and if i get Ram Not kingston it will work Fine with the king Stone one or it will Damage ??? Thx For Help

Solution
You don't mix and match, get the same one that you have with the same specs (2GB, frequency, timings, etc.).

If you don't find or you want something more powerfull, then replace your current RAM with a new one.
Before doing so, check the compatibility of your motherboard (DDR2 only, DRR3?), dual/tri/quad channel?, laptop or desktop memory, etc.

Regards

ImPain

Distinguished
You don't mix and match, get the same one that you have with the same specs (2GB, frequency, timings, etc.).

If you don't find or you want something more powerfull, then replace your current RAM with a new one.
Before doing so, check the compatibility of your motherboard (DDR2 only, DRR3?), dual/tri/quad channel?, laptop or desktop memory, etc.

Regards

Solution

shumanking

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
yea it is DDR2 but i can't find Kingston one so it will be Fine if i get another one not kingston Right ? i mean both of them will work fine together or will be problem ?

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Identical specs would be best in your case, but the best thing would be to buy a new set all together as the sticks would have been tested and run together to ensure proper/full performance.

shumanking

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

but how to ensure they work with full pref. i think From the Windows right ??

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

The only way to know is to test. The actual discrepancies are usually very minimal, but you do want to have identical sets ideally. (Or two with the same timings and frequency.) Otherwise you may have to adjust your RAM timings and/or frequency to meet the better RAM sticks tested settings.