Question i have 2x4gb of crucial ballistix sport lt 2666mhz so how much could I overclock it and on what settings

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Read this thread to learn how to use Thaiphoon Burner to get the information from your RAM.
And then use the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to OC that RAM:

Just be aware that you may NOT be able to OC it too much.
You might get it to 2866 or possibly 2933 or it may not OC at all.
It all depends on the RAM and your MB/CPU.

Also be sure to run Memtest86 on the RAM after you OC it and also do some system stability/stress testing to ensure they are 100% stable.

I got my G.Skill Trident Z 3200 RAM to run at 3400 Mhz and a different set of Patriot Viper Elite 2666 to run at 2866 MHz.
But that was the limit for each of those kits, If I went any higher they were very unstable.

fragileiiv

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
Read this thread to learn how to use Thaiphoon Burner to get the information from your RAM.

Also be sure to run Memtest86 on the RAM after you OC it and also do some system stability/stress testing to ensure they are 100% stable.

I got my G.Skill Trident Z 3200 RAM to run at 3400 Mhz and a different set of Patriot Viper Elite 2666 to run at 2866 MHz.
But that was the limit for each of those kits, If I went any higher they were very unstable.
thanks for the info man

Reactions: DMAN999

fragileiiv

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019

sorry for bothering you
so i already oc the ram to 2866 with with manual tuning 16 - 18 - 18 -38 timing at 1.3 v
although everytime i go to the bios its showing me the timing i entered
but cpu z is showing me diff timings 18 - 20 -20 - 68

would you know why?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That tells me that your BIOS is automatically adjusting the timings.
My BIOS has a Memory Timings section that allows me to change every possible timing.
If you just used the XMP (DOCP) profile to OC your RAM then all the individual timing settings are still set on Auto and will adjust to whatever settings your system deems appropriate.

fragileiiv

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
That tells me that your BIOS is automatically adjusting the timings.
My BIOS has a Memory Timings section that allows me to change every possible timing.
If you just used the XMP (DOCP) profile to OC your RAM then all the individual timing settings are still set on Auto and will adjust to whatever settings your system deems appropriate.
i already fix the issue thanks for the help

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS