Question I have 4 monitors, but when I restarted my PC, only one of them worked and now a mysterious problem follows.

Puma1

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hello,

I normally have four monitors connected to my GPU (1080), 3 of them are 144hz and are connected via. display port, and the last HDMI.

But sometimes after leaving my PC on for a while, the monitors after returning to them, does not turn on from a slumber.
After restarting, only a single monitor work (144hz) the others have 'No signal', despite being connected.

Now to the mysterious part; when I tried to troubleshoot, I unplugged the working monitor, and suddenly the three others turn on and work fine.
No matter what I do I can only manage to get three screens working at the same time.

I have tried;

• Updating drivers
  • Tried all monitors alone (they all work alone)
  • Restarting my PC with different monitors connected.
  • Turned off all electricity to both the PC and the monitors.
  • *Updated my BIOS to the newest version.

I'm clueless to what might have happend, and would love some help, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you tried uninstalling your drivers and working with the ones sourced by the OS(assuming you're on Windows 10)? How old is your PSU and GPU? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

Puma1

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you tried uninstalling your drivers and working with the ones sourced by the OS(assuming you're on Windows 10)? How old is your PSU and GPU? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

I just updated my BIOS to the newest version (First time I've dont that), but the machine makes the same stunt, unfortunately.

I bought the PC from new - 04/08/2016.

PC SPECS

Chassis - NZXT H440 New Edition Silent Ultra

PSU - Corsair CX750M, 750W PSU

CPU Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Processor

CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Køler

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula, S-1151

RAM - HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 32GB

GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition

SSD - Samsung PM951 512GB PCIe SSD

SSHD - Seagate Desktop 2TB 3.5" SSHD

OS - MS COA Win 10 Home Nordic