[SOLVED] I have 55-65 bucks budget

May 28, 2020
I wanna know if its a good option the corsair cx550w or the evga 500w plus white, or a recomendation :D

Solution
So i should go for this one?
CP-CORSAIR-CP-9020121-NA-1.jpg

That one would be better than the VS. The CX is actually a little better than the CXm.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the Corsair. Because of covid and shipping restrictions, vendors are really digging into the backs of shelving, dragging up dusty relics they forgot they had. Consequently, there's been a rash of Corsair sold from the 'old' generation, which were not very good in the CX line.

If the CX is black/gray lettering, it's far superior to the Evga, Bronze is only a certification of efficiency by 3rd party, got nothing to do with quality.

If the CX is green/white lettering, it's a toss up, pick which is cheaper, they are both the same level of garbage for a gaming pc and high demand gpus. Both are far better suited for office secretarial usage, not gaming.

Reactions: MikeGM20
May 28, 2020
Depends on the Corsair. Because of covid and shipping restrictions, vendors are really digging into the backs of shelving, dragging up dusty relics they forgot they had. Consequently, there's been a rash of Corsair sold from the 'old' generation, which were not very good in the CX line.

If the CX is black/gray lettering, it's far superior to the Evga, Bronze is only a certification of efficiency by 3rd party, got nothing to do with quality.

If the CX is green/white lettering, it's a toss up, pick which is cheaper, they are both the same level of garbage for a gaming pc and high demand gpus. Both are far better suited for office secretarial usage, not gaming.

CP-CORSAIR-CP-9020171-NA-1.jpg

I mean this it the corsair that im refering, i live in mexico so idk about the vendors doin that crazy things

May 28, 2020
It's a budget board, should be OK with an 8600 non k. However depending on where you are a Ryzen 3600 and a B550 motherboard maybe around the same price and is a better option(in the US the 3600 with a b550 is a little cheaper than a 8600 and a b365).
I am moving the CPU of a Dell Optiplex 5060, I buy this PC because I needed to use it for the University, but now I can upgrade to a better Mobo and PSU