[SOLVED] I have 6 fans running at full speed all the time. I am trying to control them .

klenderquezada

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
I have 6 Corsair SP120 RGB Pro 3 pin fans connected to a Silver-Stone fan hub (CPF04). (It's 1-8 PWM connector hub).

(Here are my specs just for you guys to get an idea (Some of it is irrelevant anyway)).
CPU- i5-9600k
MOBO- ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
GPU-RTX 2060 Super
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 32GB @3000mhz
PC Chassis- Lian Li 011 Dynamic

Before I was running 3 fans and I was happy and stuff until I bought another 3 pan pack for the bottom. I ran out of fan headers and bought a Silverstone CPF04 fan hub which is a PWM fan hub that consists of 8 extra fan headers. Currently, my fan headers are running at 100% making it sound like a damn jet engine when I'm gaming. I want to reduce the speed. I also don't want to buy new fans to reduce speed. I was hoping there is a cheaper way to control these fans.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Why the bottom? That's like the worst place you could've put them. 3x side intake, 2 or 3 top exhaust, depending on what the cpu cooler is.
The bottom really needs some 2.5mm-H20 or higher SP fans to really be able to pull a reasonable amount of air through.

You need to go into bios and change the fan controls to DC mode. PWM mode will just make them run 100% anyway.
If your motherboard has voltage control for fans, run them at 7v, not 12v.

klenderquezada

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
Why the bottom? That's like the worst place you could've put them. 3x side intake, 2 or 3 top exhaust, depending on what the cpu cooler is.
The bottom really needs some 2.5mm-H20 or higher SP fans to really be able to pull a reasonable amount of air through.

You need to go into bios and change the fan controls to DC mode. PWM mode will just make them run 100% anyway.
If your motherboard has voltage control for fans, run them at 7v, not 12v.

I have a 240mm Corsair Hydro Series AIO dor the cpu cooler. That is mounted on top next to a non rgb fan. (I forgot to mention the other three fans srry. I would like to post a picture but I'm not sure how to. (I'm trying to use gyazo)

klenderquezada

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
It's fine. I have an idea of the setup now.

What about the fan control, as I mentioned earlier.
I did switch to DC didn't do much of a difference at all. I don't think I can control the voltage or not that I know of. (I did try to find it).I don't know if I mentioned that none of these fans are connected to the Mobo individually. They are all connected to the hub which is connected to the mobo

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, and if the hub is connected to the motherboard, then you should be able to run that in DC mode.
PWM devices can run as both PWM and DC, but there is a limit to how low the DC fans can be run.

Just a moment, I'm going to check my fan control options on my board - it's also an Asus model.