[SOLVED] I have 8gb ram but my pc in games uses only 4 gb of ram what is happening?

Feb 14, 2022
Hello, i have ddr4 system with 2x4 8gb ram
2 weeks ago I used my pc without gpu. (acctually i bought this pc from store without gpu) and i decided to buy gpu for this pc for the first time. I bought Palit StormX Gtx 1050 2gb gddr5 for my pc. i deleted all drivers with DDU, and downloaded nvidia drivers. Then i checked my games fps with Msi Afterburner, and then i saw my pc uses only 2-4 gb of ram in games and they are stuttering. Im playing Mafia definitive edition right now and in 1080p low settings im playing with 30-35 fps. Drivers are updated. Im connected hdmi cable into graphics card port. I think my Igpu (Vega 8) uses my ram but i dont know how to fix it. Can someone help me?
Btw gtx 1050 2gb has a good performance in mafia 1 remake. in 1080p high settings u can play with 40 fps but i cant play with 1080p low settings. even with 720p. (and other games)
my cpu and gpu temperatures are also very good. cpu- 54-65 degrees gpu max got 68 degrees.
My pc specs: Ryzen 3 3200g 3.6ghz 4.00 ghz boost
TeamGroup 8gb ram 2x4 2666mhz DDR4
Palit StormX Nvidia Gtx 1050 2gb GDDR5
Asrock A320M hdv r4.0 motherboard
Stock cooler.
Gigabyte 120gb sata sdd
seagate 1tb hdd
Makki 500watt psu

Solution
this is not a normal situation
and my recommendations regarding your overall system performance has nothing to do your current memory 'issue'.
just to help you get the most out of a below average gaming system,

your Ryzen CPU's performance will be severely limited by such low speed RAM, you should be running 3600MHz to maximize this chip's performance.

get a larger SSD for game installations to speed up loading times for textures, models, and user data.

and if this is going to be a gaming system get rid of that generic power supply and get something reliable that won't be jeopardizing all of the connected components
there should be options in the BIOS to disable the iGPU or to set 'Auto' and let the system disable it when a dedicated GPU is detected.
gtx 1050 2gb has a good performance in mafia 1 remake
a GTX 1050 is a pretty low end card.
i wouldn't expect great performance even at 1080p w/ medium setting but you are definitely getting lower then you really should.

also your Ryzen CPU's performance will be severely limited by such low speed RAM, you should be running 3600MHz to maximize this chip's performance.
get a larger SSD for game installations to speed up loading times for textures, models, and user data.
and if this is going to be a gaming system get rid of that generic power supply and get something reliable that won't be jeopardizing all of the connected components:

Feb 14, 2022
there should be options in the BIOS to disable the iGPU or to set 'Auto' and let the system disable it when a dedicated GPU is detected.

a GTX 1050 is a pretty low end card.
i wouldn't expect great performance even at 1080p w/ medium setting but you are definitely getting lower then you really should.

also your Ryzen CPU's performance will be severely limited by such low speed RAM, you should be running 3600MHz to maximize this chip's performance.
and if this is going to be a gaming system get rid of that generic power supply and get something reliable that won't be jeopardizing all of the connected components:
bro this is not a normal situation, my pc must use 6-7000 mb (6-7gb) of ram but uses only 2.5 or 4gb. does installing new windows 10 will fix it?

my pc must use 6-7000 mb (6-7gb) of ram but uses only 2.5 or 4gb...
and why would this stop you from disabling the onboard iGPU?

if the BIOS is set to use this then your system memory is going to be allocated for it's use whether you have something plugged into it or not.
this would be why your ~4GB of system memory is not available.
would installing new windows 10 fix it?
the OS has nothing to do with your BIOS settings.

this is not a normal situation
and my recommendations regarding your overall system performance has nothing to do your current memory 'issue'.

your Ryzen CPU's performance will be severely limited by such low speed RAM, you should be running 3600MHz to maximize this chip's performance.

and if this is going to be a gaming system get rid of that generic power supply and get something reliable that won't be jeopardizing all of the connected components

Solution
Feb 14, 2022

Btw now my pc doesnt see my gtx 1050 2gb. Now sees only vega 8. Im tried mafia 1 remake with vega 8 and it was same fps as i told. So windows dont use gtx 1050. Wtf is happening?

Feb 14, 2022
Btw now my pc doesnt see my gtx 1050 2gb. Now sees only vega 8. Im tried mafia 1 remake with vega 8 and it was same fps as i told. So windows dont use gtx 1050. Wtf is happening?
im using asrock a320m hdv r4.0 motherboard with asrock uefi bios and i dont see chipset configuration setting for turning off igpu.

Wtf is happening?..
dont see chipset configuration setting for turning off igpu
have no idea where it would be listed in the BIOS sub-menus.
usually was included in advanced CPU control options with older boards,
but may be in device control or any other.

if searching through the options doesn't show these settings contact AsRock for guidance.
and/or just do some simple searches for something similar to, "disabling Ryzen 3 Vega".