I have 8gbs of ram, but my computer only uses 4gb?

znothsweatshirt

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is ruining my experience with this computer. Recently I bought a GTX 750TI for my computer. I noticed my PC has been running extremely slow and multitasking became near impossible. I couldn't figure out why until I realized that my computer is only using half of my install ram. Image below.

273f3159df34001897bedabea8ea5ffc.png

I have tried switching the sticks around but nothing changed. I have tried going into the performance tab, but after a restart, it went back to what it was before, I also tried going into msconfig boot and setting the max memory but after another restart, it went back also. I tried going into my bios settings and at the bottom it said I only was using half but I think due to my motherboards bios being old I couldn't change the memory settings. If anyone can help me fix this you'll be a lifesaver.

My PC Specs:
CPU - AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
GPU - Asus GTX 750Ti 2gb
Motherboard - MSI 760GMA-P34(FX)
RAM - 2 sticks of 4gb DDR3

Solution
Take one stick out, and run the PC. If everything is running as intended, turn the PC off and switch. Try running it with the other stick.

You may have a bad stick of RAM.

Wouldn't hurt to run a stress test on the RAM when you try each one either.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Take one stick out, and run the PC. If everything is running as intended, turn the PC off and switch. Try running it with the other stick.

You may have a bad stick of RAM.

Wouldn't hurt to run a stress test on the RAM when you try each one either.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS