I have a 17% CPU bottleneck. Is there a way to lessen the bottleneck?

ytecho34

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
I have an 860K CPU and a GTX 970 4GB Strix GPU. The CPU is bottlenecking the 970 by approximately 17% - During my testing of the card I noticed screen glitching and slower loading times on textures in GTA 5. Is there a way to lessen this bottleneck by OCing the CPU or Underclocking the GPU?

Thanks for any help
-Ryan

Solution

As suspected.
Sorry, but that is one of the more laughable "benchmarking" sites that exist. Seriously.

While your CPU is rather weak, that particular site is...

USAFRet

Titan

What, exactly, is telling you "a 17% CPU bottleneck" ?

ytecho34

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

I used "thebottlenecker.com" and selected the 860K and GTX 970. It returned a result explaining how I had a 17% bottleneck; that the CPU was too weak for this Graphics card.

USAFRet

Titan

As suspected.
Sorry, but that is one of the more laughable "benchmarking" sites that exist. Seriously.

While your CPU is rather weak, that particular site is really bad. They provide zero info as to how they come up with a particular number.

For instance, my current system
i7-4790k CPU and RX580 8GB GPU = "9% bottleneck"

Feel free to ignore that site.

Your CPU:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD%20Athlon%20X4%20860K
UhPKB4b.png

Solution

ytecho34

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

Thanks for your advice. Although, this still does not help me in terms of finding a cause for this screen glitching and slower loading times - compared to how it used to be without the GPU upgrade. I upgraded from a 750 Ti to a 970 Strix, and while I had the 750 Ti, I did not notice the screen glitching or slower loading times of the textures in-game. Could this not also be because I do not have an SSD? - Even though I did not have this problem with the 750 Ti and did not have an SSD?

ytecho34

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

I have changed nothing from how it configured itself when I had the 750 Ti.