Question I have a aorus X570 master board, tryin to run a nvme and 5 sata disk drives

johiko

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
Right now im having a issue, it seems like the sata disk drives are having a bad time, or my nvme, dunno, im trying to use the nvme to install windows 10, but everytime that i try to do it i have to disable all my sata connections, so the nvme works alone, when i enable all the sata drives, the nvme stops working, so i need to disable all the sata disk drives to enable the nvme, i think i m doing something wrong but dunno what.

tks in advance.

im trying to use the nvme to install windows 10, but everytime that i try to do it i have to disable all my sata connections, so the nvme works alone,
when i enable all the sata drives, the nvme stops working, so i need to disable all the sata disk drives to enable the nvme, i think i m doing something wrong but dunno what.
Did you read motherboard user manual?
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-aorus-master_1002_e.pdf

What model M.2 drive are you using?
What M.2 slot did you install it into?
Only way M.2 drive would disable some sata ports, if it's NVME drive installed in M2_C slot (lower slot from 3 available onboard).

How exactly "nvme stops working"? Is it not being detected in BIOS anymore?
Or it just doesn't boot into windows?
If it is being detected in BIOS properly, then probably drive boot priorities changed after adding/removing sata drives.
You have to check boot priority settings.

johiko

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
tks guys, for the answers, im using a samsung 970 evo plus, im using it at nearest procesor nvme port, M2A_socket.

when it s disabled, the nvme disc is not detected by the bios.
and the boot priorities changes.
when the satas are disabled, the nvme came to be detected by the bios.

tks in advance

so knowing theres a unique way to set the samsung 970 evo plus and the satas, how i need to plug them to have them active?

Last edited: