Question I have a Aspire 7(A715-51G) and it won't start Instead, the power light just blinked orange and blue

Jun 21, 2024
I've had many negative things about this PC, but yesterday when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't start. Instead, the power light just blinked orange and blue. When I pressed the power button for a long time, the blue light turned off, the other light blinked white ,ıdk what it is, for a second, and then it went back to the orange and blue blinking cycle. I took it to a couple of computer repair shops, but they couldn't identify the issue. Has anyone experienced something like this? Please help me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Blue seems to mean power, and orange means a battery problem.

So you might need to charge battery or replace it?

this might help
Remove the charger. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Then insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom cover for 30 seconds. Wait 15mins. Plug the charger back in. If steady orange charging LED, don't try to turn machine on till steady blue. If still blinking orange LED, battery is likely unrecoverable due to being drained for extended period below critical level (less than about 4%). Jack E/NJ
https://community.acer.com/en/discu...-blinking-together-fix-aspire-5-a515-51g-59z0

your model slightly newer but its possible process is still the same. See if that helps at all

repair stores clearly didn't look very hard. No one thought to look up codes online? Hmm

Last edited: