Question I have a beep coming from my tower once every hour

Nov 18, 2019
Hi all,
I have a beep coming from my tower once every hour. It’s always around 41 past the hour. The temperature of the tower and components are all at normal range. This only started the other day After down loading mods for football manager 20. I’ve ran virus scan and offline virus scan just to make sure I didn’t get a virus from the downloads.
I am running

windows 10
ASUS® MAXIMUS VIII HERO: RoG, PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-6700k Quad Core (4.00GHz @ upto MAX 4.60GHz)

8GB EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 SC GAMING

16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)

240GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s

this is all cooled by Liquid Series Extreme Kit

Lutfij

Titan
You can try running malwarebytes to get a better idea of your stowaways. Where did you source the mods from? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to see if a different keyboard causes the same issue.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. How old is the PSU?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have fibre box near by with battery backup?

Beeping could be coming from your pc but if you have such a box near, it could be warning beep the battery is going flat. Had this happen to me and it drove me nuts trying to figure out where it was coming from.

Nov 18, 2019

Beeping could be coming from your pc but if you have such a box near, it could be warning beep the battery is going flat. Had this happen to me and it drove me nuts trying to figure out where it was coming from.

I don’t mate, I know the sound of the beep is definitely coming from the tower.

Nov 18, 2019
You can try running malwarebytes to get a better idea of your stowaways. Where did you source the mods from? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to see if a different keyboard causes the same issue.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. How old is the PSU?

my PSU is CORSAIR 650W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

I will double check the BIOS update when I get home from work.
The mods came from fmscout.
you have any recommendations for malwarebytes

my PSU is CORSAIR 650W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

I will double check the BIOS update when I get home from work.
The mods came from fmscout.
you have any recommendations for malwarebytes

Hi. I typed "Fmscout malwares" in google and got plenty of hits.

https://www.fmscout.com/q-12249-Seriously-Malware-hell.html
https://www.fmscout.com/q-12054-What-is-that-annoying-malware-i-need-to-remove.html
https://www.fmscout.com/q-10752-Virus-malware-installed-at-the-same-time-as-genie-scout.html

And that's only the first three results. By the way, isn't football manager 2020 an online game?

Last edited:
I just did some research on that. Some people have the same problem. They even said that it was 41 past the hour too.

For someone it was the digital clock side gadget.

For someone it was the BIOS temps alarm. Temperature that has momentarily exceeded the warning temperature.

Could be the CPU. It has a fan that has dropped below a threshold RPM.

For someone it was the fan controller with a clock (incl. alarm, hourly chime).

What does your temps look like at IDLE?

Last edited: