Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
Intel 8700K cpu
Asus z390-e strix motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16gb ddr4 RGB
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 TI 11GB
Corsair K70 Keyboard
Corsair Nightsword RGB Mouse

I noticed that sometimes it gets really hot in my bedroom and the temperature on gpu is like 63 and the cpu is 60 and the fans are blowing full speed. What is the best water cooler to use to keep from going to 60 to keeep it around 35 to 40 while gaming

Solution
A cpu by itself is well capable of well over 100°C, just by turning on the computer. What the cpu heatsink does is transfer as much of that energy as possible to its fins. The fan then blows cooler air through the finstack, which picks up the heat and expels it out the back.

The size and efficiency of the cooler will determine how much energy is able to be transfered. So a bigger and better cooler will remove more heat energy, and transfer it to the air going out the back of the pc.

Dropping cpu temps by changing coolers only adds more heat coming from the pc. Which adds to the room temps.

The fans will move air. They couldn't care less about where. It doesn't make a difference if the pc is on the floor, 6" higher, on the desk or...
Intel 8700K cpu
Corsair K70 Keyboard

I noticed that sometimes it gets really hot in my bedroom and the temperature on gpu is like 63 and the cpu is 60 and the fans are blowing full speed. What is the best water cooler to use to keep from going to 60 to keeep it around 35 to 40 while gaming
60c while gaming is quite good, you should adjust fan curve to reach high fan speed only at 70-75c. which is also excellent temperature for that CPU.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Note that your PC running cooler will make your room get hotter. PC coolers work by moving the heat from the PC to the environment around the PC.

Your temperatures are fine for gaming. You're not going to keep these anywhere near 35-40 at load.

Intel 8700K cpu
Corsair K70 Keyboard

Notes on your post...

1. Ambient temperature of the room means higher temperatures in the computer. Cool the room, and you will naturally cool the computer.

2. To get better CPU temps, you can delid your processor. You can get 10-15C difference from doing so.

3. Ensure you have optimum fan usage and good airflow in your case to pull the heat away from the radiator.

4. the I7 8700k is a hot processor. As DSymborski has stated, getting 35 while gaming is pretty much a no go. Getting lower 50's while gaming is possible, using delid and a good cooler. However, your computer is not in danger of overheating your system with the temperatures you have stated.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
my bedroom is getting hot sometimes i think it's because of the computer that the heat is coming out of. If i put the computer in a holder on wheels and put on the floor would it help the temperature>?? The case is NXZT Phantom 410 Case White

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
my bedroom is getting hot sometimes i think it's because of the computer that the heat is coming out of. If i put the computer in a holder on wheels and put on the floor would it help the temperature>?? The case is NXZT Phantom 410 Case White

I don't think you're quite understanding the issue. A better case or a more effective cooler in your PC will not make your room cooler. PC coolers are not air conditioners; they do not cool the air, they simply remove heat from the case/components and expel that heat into the surrounding air outside the case. They move heat.

You only have two ways to make the room cooler:

1. A method to exchange heat from your room for cooler air.
  2. Your PC using less power.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
A cpu by itself is well capable of well over 100°C, just by turning on the computer. What the cpu heatsink does is transfer as much of that energy as possible to its fins. The fan then blows cooler air through the finstack, which picks up the heat and expels it out the back.

The size and efficiency of the cooler will determine how much energy is able to be transfered. So a bigger and better cooler will remove more heat energy, and transfer it to the air going out the back of the pc.

Dropping cpu temps by changing coolers only adds more heat coming from the pc. Which adds to the room temps.

The fans will move air. They couldn't care less about where. It doesn't make a difference if the pc is on the floor, 6" higher, on the desk or strapped to the ceiling, they'll move the same amount of air and the cpu will still be dumping it's heat.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You complain your room is getting hot. The more you cool the pc, the more heat is put into the room. And you suggest the use of a fan, which will help circulate that exhaust heat.

Think of the pc like an oven. Both of them are a source of heat, only one is in the kitchen. When cooking, a kitchen will get hotter because the oven is on. You can add a fan, to cool you off a little, but that does nothing for the heat output of the oven, or the temp in the kitchen. Only air-conditioning will cure that.

You can't stop the pc putting out a certain amount of heat, you can make it output more though. So a hot room requires better ventilation by means of opening a window, a door, turning down the AC.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your call, but a pc is far more versatile than a console, it'll play any game once released to pc, not just those limited to certain platforms. You don't see any audiophile ppl recording on Xbox or PS, and Steam is very limited for console usage and game mods. Skyrim for Xbox sucks.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What is the best water cooler to use to keep from going to 60 to keeep it around 35 to 40 while gaming

There isn't one...what you are describing are idle temperatures; load temperatures will always be higher. You would need to go the route of a very expensive watercooling setup in order to begin to see those kinds of temperatures and even then, it is highly doubtful. I have a full watercooling loop and my CPU will load up to 55C and my GPU can reach to 60+ C when very loaded (benchmarking, Folding at Home, etc).

60C at load is a good temperature for most CPUs, especially an 8700k.

Please remember that machines are designed for much higher temperature thresholds than people....60C is good for a CPU or GPU.