Question I have a Corsair VS450 450-Watt power supply. Is it good enough to support Zotac GTX 1660 6gb?

Umm. What do mean "Its not ideal"?
If you have got the choice to buy another powersupply , do it.

The coirsair vs series, is the cheapest powersupply of corsair. and in fact cheaper than most powersupplies. this means they have to compromise on things. like the quality of the components. It happened more times on this forum that a powersupply after 3 or 5 years with a corsair vs "popped".

Your system is not power hungry and im sure it will run fine, but the risk is there.

Reactions: DMAN999
Aug 19, 2019
If you have got the choice to buy another powersupply , do it.

The coirsair vs series, is the cheapest powersupply of corsair. and in fact cheaper than most powersupplies. this means they have to compromise on things. like the quality of the components. It happened more times on this forum that a powersupply after 3 or 5 years with a corsair vs "popped".

Your system is not power hungry and im sure it will run fine, but the risk is there.
Thanks!

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I would look at the Corsair RM550x which is a much better PSU.
The PSU is the foundation of your PC, so you should buy the best quality PSU that you can afford.
A cheap poor quality PSU can actually damage any or all of the other components in your PC if it fails.

Reactions: Otaku606
I would look at the Corsair RM550x which is a much better PSU.
The PSU is the foundation of your PC, so you should buy the best quality PSU that you can afford.
A cheap poor quality PSU can actually damage any or all of the other components in your PC if it fails.

The RM550x is an outstanding recommendation. That is one of my favorites and the price is very reasonable for impressive quality. If you can afford to get it, do so. I think that might be the best 550 watt PSU around.

However, if you are hell bent on looking for something cheaper, I would suggest the Seasonic M12II, which is currently on sale for $40 after rebate at newegg. It's an older design, but it's dead reliable. If price is your overriding concern, it doesn't get any better than the M12II at $40. Here is the link to the sale:

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-m12...n-520w/p/N82E16817151093?Item=N82E16817151093

Aug 19, 2019
The RM550x is an outstanding recommendation. That is one of my favorites and the price is very reasonable for impressive quality. If you can afford to get it, do so. I think that might be the best 550 watt PSU around.

However, if you are hell bent on looking for something cheaper, I would suggest the Seasonic M12II, which is currently on sale for $40 after rebate at newegg. It's an older design, but it's dead reliable. If price is your overriding concern, it doesn't get any better than the M12II at $40. Here is the link to the sale:

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-m12...n-520w/p/N82E16817151093?Item=N82E16817151093
Thanks a lot!

TRENDING THREADS