[SOLVED] i have a custom built PC with various named parts

May 19, 2020
so MB is a sabertooth x79 12 gig DDR3 i7 3820 extreme CPU. 3 HDD's 1 SDD. sealed water cooled by corsair. NVIDIA Geforce 680 graphics, 1 dvd rewrite-able drive 1 media card reader 1 WiFi card all powered by a corsair HX 750. (given specs so ya can work out power consumption) can I purchase a Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 without having to buy a Corsair HX 1000 or would i need to buy the PSU first.

Solution
The HX750 is plenty big for all that. I don't see any need for a larger PSU at all.

12 GB seems like an odd memory configuration - since a main benefit of a i7-38xx or i7-39xx over the i7-37xx is the extra memory channels, you want to make sure you have your memory configuration right.
its a triple channel config. if its a 3x4gb with same config and ram series it wouldnt be much problems at all, quad config is recommended since it increase the bandwith you got.
The HX750 is plenty big for all that. I don't see any need for a larger PSU at all.

12 GB seems like an odd memory configuration - since a main benefit of a i7-38xx or i7-39xx over the i7-37xx is the extra memory channels, you want to make sure you have your memory configuration right.

its a triple channel config. if its a 3x4gb with same config and ram series it wouldnt be much problems at all, quad config is recommended since it increase the bandwith you got.

Solution