Question I have a DDR4 16GB (1x16GB) Patriot Viper 2400MHz, can it be boosted easily just playing with CLS, frequency, latencies? thanks

Apr 9, 2019
Hi folks,
I have a DDR4 16GB (1x16GB) Patriot Viper 2400MHz module that I bought around Christmas for a future build. And he we go I.ve got my build up and running.
i5 9600k 5.1ghz sync all core adaptive +260v (on a cheap CM Hyper 212) (17hrs+ p95 stresstess, no errors,warnings) and now I regret that I bought my ram so slow .
Can you guys think it can be boosted easily just by playing with CLS, frequency, latencie? it would be great like up to 2666mhz at least... or maybe even more.? Id be really happy if I could reach a stable 2666mhz setup that at least meet Intel requirement for the 9600k. Ive got a pretty good chip.. can reach 5.2ghz stable too but at around 5.2 my wattman from amd drivers makes everything crashes. Stupid drivers.
thanks a lot already for taking the time to read and even more if you think you have a solution. I haven't OC'd since over a decade and im hella rusty. dang the bios are beautifull now its almost like a game!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Intel isn't as fussy with ram speed. 3000 would be little improvement over 2400 if you get them stable by loosening timings and applying more dram voltage, possible between 1.35~1.4v.

If you got another 16GB ram to run two in dual channel that'll benefit more.

Mixing ram isn't guaranteed to work though but there is a good chance they will if you keep same spec ram.

Apr 9, 2019
Thanks for the info. and there isn't a guide/chart somewhere based on brand/basespecs --->> what you can expect as improvement by playing with latency/timing/voltage ?
Im pretty damn confo OC the cpu and board. but never been tempted to learn even in the past (ram settings). coudldnt get my interest deep enough for all the terms. :( For sure I'll buy a second ram but faster.. I'll probably give this one to my mother.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Timings aren't as important vs memory speed according to crucial, so it might be possible to increase frequencies. Memory overclocking passed it's xmp profile can be finicky and not guaranteed, usually why memory are sold at various speeds but it can be done if lucky you have good ram. Still, performance gains might let you down. Dual channel doubles the cpu bandwidth so there are gains to be had but not by a drastic amount. Dual channel 2400 is faster than single 3200.

Why do you feel ram is letting you down?

Apr 9, 2019
no. its just I like to get the maximum power out of my components. I regret I bought this 2400mhz a while ago tho. its a patriot viper 16gbx1 and I had a good deal.