i have a dell optiplex 755 and i have a graphics card to run a 2nd monitor and i cant get it working

Solution

I won't work with both, the motherboard disables onboard video in most cases when an add-on video card is installed.
Need details of the specs, what video card exactly? What is exactly "can't get it working"? PC does not start? PC starts but no image? Image but not working right? Need to know what is happening, when it's happening, what you tried and any error messages.

Alex_190

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

ok so when i have this in my pc with the cables all in http://www.amazon.co.uk/RADEON-Profile-X600-Graphic-Optiplex/dp/B00B1TQJZY/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1456441375&sr=1-1&keywords=graphics+card+for+dell+optiplex+7

it dosent come up as a 2nd monator it comes up saying plug in cables ect but i have them in and this is my info on my pc
Brand Dell

Item model number Dell Optiplex

Processor Brand Intel
Processor Type Core 2 Duo
Processor Count 2
RAM Size 4 GB
Hard Drive Size 250 GB
Wireless Type 802.11n
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 7 Edition Home Premium
Lithium Battery Weight 225 Grams
it hase windows 10 on it now

How is everything plugged in? Are both monitors connected to that video card and only one does not work? Does Windows see the video card properly? Drivers installed for it? If that card is used, it may be a bad video card also. Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the card and drivers for it, with some the order you do things is important.

Alex_190

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

ther wase no instrucshans and it only hase one slot for a 2nd monator and it over reades the mother bord on graphics card and i cant seem to get it to work with both

I won't work with both, the motherboard disables onboard video in most cases when an add-on video card is installed.

Solution